Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributo ... more
Agilent aigns agreement to acquire assets from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd.
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instruments and services.
Founded in 1976, YI Scientific has grown into one of the largest distributors of analytical instruments, solutions and services in South Korea. Once the acquisition is final, former YI Scientific customers of Agilent products and related services in the South Korean market can look forward to an integrated sales and service portfolio directly from Agilent.
“YI Scientific has built a strong sales channel for Agilent products and services over many years,” said Lon Justice, Agilent’s vice president Laboratory Solutions Sales and Marketing. “Joining forces with our long-standing channel partner in South Korea provides Agilent with a solid foundation to address the needs of the growing analytical market in South Korea.”
“We are very committed to growing our service business in South Korea,” said Doug McDougall, Agilent’s vice president and general manager, Services and Support Division. “Together with YI Scientific, we believe we can provide an even better customer experience by streamlining processes and delivering top-tier service in a consistent way.”
More than 100 employees from Young In and its affiliates are expected to join Agilent Technologies Korea Limited when the acquisition is final.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
- Agilent Technologies
- analytical instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI), a provider of capillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash. ... more
- 1Alzheimer's early detection up to 17 years in advance
- 2New test may predict COVID-19 immunity
- 3‘Smart necklace’ biosensor may track health status through sweat
- 4Smoke Detector “Sniffs out” Causes of Fire
- 5First electric nanomotor made from DNA material
- 6Attosecond measurement on electrons in water clusters
- 7New FRITSCH Technology Centre Particle Sizing
- 8Deep Learning despite sparse data
- 9Pimp my Spec: Upgrade for Magnetic Resonance Methods with a 1,000-fold Amplifier
- 10Unchartered territory in the human genome
- Scientists create a DNA test that identifies Lyme disease in horses
- Smart contact lenses for cancer diagnostics and screening
- New test may predict COVID-19 immunity
- Artificial intelligence tools predict DNA’s regulatory role and 3D structure
- Developing tech to eliminate ‘forever chemicals’ from water