This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges more
Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
Schematic of a typical echelle system
Plasma, radial view
ORCA captures the entire spectrum
ORCA-based systems display a constant resolution over a wide wavelength range
The heart of any ICP-OES instrument is the optical system. So it’s important
that scientists, lab managers, and other users understand some salient facts
about a very critical component of these instruments. This knowledge will help
users choose the best spectrometer for their laboratory.
This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges such as light loss, stray light, spectral order overlaps, and others.
The paper also explains how each can potentially affect the outcome of various analyses. Application examples and analytical results are included.
This paper reviews the concepts surrounding the optical interfaces that are available for ICP-OES spectrometers and discusses the relative strengths more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 3Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 4Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 5Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 6Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4) - A Powerful Method for Polymer Characterization
- 7Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 8X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of Polymers
- 9Selecting your ICP-OES analyzer’s plasma interface: axial-view, radial-view, dual-view or new MultiView?
- 10Is Your XRF-Analyzer Still Up-To-Date?