Werfen to Acquire Immucor, Inc.
Expanding its Presence in Specialized Diagnostics
Werfen announced that it has agreed to acquire Immucor, Inc., from TPG. Immucor is a privately held corporation with a strong global presence in transfusion and transplant in vitro diagnostics, headquartered in Norcross, Georgia, USA. This acquisition will allow Werfen to expand its portfolio of Specialized Diagnostics solutions for hospitals and clinical laboratories.
The purchase price is expected to be approximately US$2 billion, with closing subject to customary regulatory approvals. The acquisition is being funded with a mix of cash on hand and new senior credit facilities. The company does not expect the transaction to impact its investment grade rating from Standard & Poor's.
"As a global leader in the research, development, manufacturing and distribution of innovative, Specialized Diagnostics solutions for hospitals and clinical laboratories, Immucor is a natural fit with our existing business model," said Marc Rubiralta, President of Werfen. "We highly value Immucor's commitment to enhancing care for all patients in need of a transfusion or transplant. This fits squarely with our long-term vision and strategy, aligns with our focus, and complements Werfen's values."
Rubiralta added, "I am confident that by combining two complementary, outstanding Specialized Diagnostics companies, Werfen will expand its global presence with greater diversification, while successfully maintaining its focus on specialization."
"Immucor's expertise and innovations in transfusion and transplant diagnostics enable us to enter new markets and will help achieve our vision to be the preferred choice of the most advanced laboratory and point-of-care customers, globally," said Carlos Pascual, CEO of Werfen. "It will be a major milestone in the future of Werfen."
Avi Pelossof, CEO of Immucor said, "As we look to the future, we are excited to grow our impact as part of Werfen, a company that shares our long-term vision and commitment to advancing patient care globally. As the value of diagnostics in the healthcare system grows, we are confident that Immucor will continue to innovate and succeed under Werfen's ownership."
Upon completion of this acquisition, and based on 2021 figures, Werfen will surpass €2.2 billion in revenue, with seven technology centers, close to 7,000 employees worldwide, and a direct presence in 30 countries and more than 100 territories through distributors.
- in-vitro diagnostics
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Diagnosing cancer in minutes
- 4Holes in T cells
- 5A mobile breakthrough for water environment monitoring
- 6Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 7Sartorius with clear double-digit growth in fiscal 2022
- 8Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 9How old is your brain, really?
- 10The architecture of shattered genomes
- New X-ray imaging technique to study the transient phases of quantum materials
- Werfen to Acquire Immucor, Inc.
- Computer tool analyzes in detail genetic alterations in the genome of cancer cells
- A CSIC and UPV team creates the first portable magnetic resonance imaging device
- Gene editing via CRISPR/Cas9 can lead to cell toxicity and genome instability