The Tecan Group announced that it has successfully completed the acquisition of a supplier of key parts. On March 22, 2019, Tecan announced the acquisition of a long-term supplier to vertically integrate the manufacturing of critical precision-machined parts. With two manufacturing sites, o ... more
Tecan successfully completes the acquisition of Paramit
The Tecan Group announced that it has successfully completed the acquisition of US-based Paramit Corporation and its affiliates (“Paramit”) for a total purchase consideration of USD 1.0 billion (CHF 920 million). On June 23, 2021, Tecan entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Paramit.
Paramit, headquartered in Morgan Hill (CA), US, is a leading OEM developer and manufacturer of medical devices and life sciences instruments. With the addition of approximately USD 300 million in revenues (CHF 276 million) expected in 2022, the acquisition will further extend Tecan’s position in solutions for life sciences and in-vitro diagnostics (IVD). It will also add a new business vertical in the attractive and fast-growing market for medical devices. The acquisition will bring significant engineering as well as cost-competitive manufacturing capabilities, both in North America and in the APAC region. Equipped with proprietary computer-directed assembly technology, these facilities deliver ultra-flexible production planning, while reducing the potential for errors (“zero-defect manufacturing”).
From August 1, 2021, Paramit will be included in the consolidated financial statements of the Tecan Group as a part of the Partnering Business segment.
- in-vitro diagnostics
The Tecan Group announced the retirement of Tecan CEO Dr David Martyr after 6 1/2 years at the helm of the company. The Board of Directors has appointed Dr Achim von Leoprechting, Head of Tecan's Partnering Business division, as the new Chief Executive Officer. He will assume the CEO role o ... more
The Tecan Group announced that Dr. Klaus Lun, Head of Corporate Development and a member of the Management Board of the Tecan Group since June 2013, has been appointed Head of the Life Sciences Business division. On December 14, 2016, Tecan announced that Dr. Stefan Traeger, Head of the Lif ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Eppendorf AG completes conversion to European public limited company
- Tailor-made X-rays for research and development
- KRÜSS moves forward in Spanish market by selling directly
- Laboratory specialist KNAUER receives "Grand Prize for Medium-Sized Businesses"
- Tecan successfully completes the acquisition of Paramit