Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent completes acquisition of Young In Scientific assets
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instruments and services.
Agilent and YI Scientific have enjoyed a strong partnership over many years. This acquisition expands Agilent’s direct capabilities in the growing South Korean market with an experienced and knowledgeable team. Customers of Agilent products and related services in the South Korean market will now have access to an integrated sales and service portfolio directly from Agilent.
“Over the years, we have gotten to know the Young In Scientific team focused on Agilent products and services well, and we are pleased to be adding such a high-caliber team to our direct capabilities,” said Nino Totino, Agilent’s vice president South Asia Pacific and Korea. “Our newly-combined team will be well-positioned to provide customers with an excellent customer experience. Together, we are looking forward to helping our customers advance their science and achieve superior outcomes by delivering quality products and services as one unified team.”
Approximately 118 employees from YI Scientific and its affiliates are expected to join Agilent. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
- analytical instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI), a provider of capillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash. ... more
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 4analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 7Merck acquires a French company
- 8Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10The genetic basis of bats’ superpowers revealed
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- How to map brain connections using DNA barcodes
- Listeria protein provides a CRISPR 'kill switch'
- Developing new techniques to improve atomic force microscopy