Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent completes acquisition of Young In Scientific assets
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instruments and services.
Agilent and YI Scientific have enjoyed a strong partnership over many years. This acquisition expands Agilent’s direct capabilities in the growing South Korean market with an experienced and knowledgeable team. Customers of Agilent products and related services in the South Korean market will now have access to an integrated sales and service portfolio directly from Agilent.
“Over the years, we have gotten to know the Young In Scientific team focused on Agilent products and services well, and we are pleased to be adding such a high-caliber team to our direct capabilities,” said Nino Totino, Agilent’s vice president South Asia Pacific and Korea. “Our newly-combined team will be well-positioned to provide customers with an excellent customer experience. Together, we are looking forward to helping our customers advance their science and achieve superior outcomes by delivering quality products and services as one unified team.”
Approximately 118 employees from YI Scientific and its affiliates are expected to join Agilent. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
- analytical instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI), a provider of capillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash. ... more
- 1analytica 2020 with very good results in the digital format
- 2Researchers find the favourite food of an enigmatic intestinal bacterium
- 3Spread of a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant across Europe in summer 2020
- 4How deadly parasites ‘glide’ into human cells
- 5analytica 2020: The world’s largest virtual trade fair for analysis, laboratory technology and biotechnology
- 6New cancer diagnostics: A glimpse into the tumor in 3D
- 7Midbrain organoids for automated chemical screening and disease research
- 8Artificial Intelligence has learned to estimate oil viscosity
- 9Nanopatterns of proteins detected by cryo-electron microscopy
- 10World record resolution in cryo-electron microscopy
- Merck Collaborates with Mammoth Biosciences to Scale New SARS-CoV-2 Test
- New imaging method reveals HIV's sugary shield in unprecedented detail
- New technique breaks through a technology roadblock that limited RNA imaging for 50 years
- New algorithm sharpens focus of world's most powerful microscopes
- Researcher unveils sensor that rapidly detects COVID-19 infection