Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent completes acquisition of Young In Scientific assets
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instruments and services.
Agilent and YI Scientific have enjoyed a strong partnership over many years. This acquisition expands Agilent’s direct capabilities in the growing South Korean market with an experienced and knowledgeable team. Customers of Agilent products and related services in the South Korean market will now have access to an integrated sales and service portfolio directly from Agilent.
“Over the years, we have gotten to know the Young In Scientific team focused on Agilent products and services well, and we are pleased to be adding such a high-caliber team to our direct capabilities,” said Nino Totino, Agilent’s vice president South Asia Pacific and Korea. “Our newly-combined team will be well-positioned to provide customers with an excellent customer experience. Together, we are looking forward to helping our customers advance their science and achieve superior outcomes by delivering quality products and services as one unified team.”
Approximately 118 employees from YI Scientific and its affiliates are expected to join Agilent. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
- analytical instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI), a provider of capillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash. ... more
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 7Show me your brain scan and I'll tell you how old you really are
- 8Sensing pressure using paper
- 9The predictive power of blood: metabolomic profiling reveals risk of multiple diseases all at once
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy