Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributo ... more
Agilent Technologies to acquire Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc.
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI), a provider of capillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash. This acquisition will enhance Agilent's existing expertise and technology, while giving customers a more comprehensive set of solutions.
"This acquisition is another great example of Agilent effectively deploying our capital to create value for our customers and our shareholders. AATI's complementary products strengthen our existing strong portfolio of solutions and provide further opportunities to accelerate our growth," said Patrick Kaltenbach, president of Agilent's Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group.
Automated electrophoresis is a commonly used separation technique to analyze biomolecules such as nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), proteins, carbohydrates and small molecules. It has a broad range of applications and is used across a variety of industries segments including pharma and biopharma, academia and government, clinical and diagnostics, food, environmental and forensics, and chemical and energy.
AATI has developed compelling CE technologies that provide key advances in sensitivity and resolution to address a wide range of applications. AATI solutions are comprised of instruments, software and consumables aimed at simplifying complex workflows.
"Technology advances in genomics, metabolomics, and proteomics are driving growth and demand for innovative new solutions," said Dr. Stefan Schuette, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Liquid Phase Separations Division. "The value of this acquisition is in the expanded capabilities for emerging applications that Agilent and AATI together can offer."
"Each company brings expertise and a culture of innovation," said Steven J. Lasky, Ph.D., AATI CEO. "I believe we will be able to serve customers better and provide even greater opportunities for our employees by joining Agilent."
Founded in 1998, AATI is based in Ankeny, Iowa and employs 101 employees.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval.
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Researchers develop blood test for depression, bipolar disorder
- Doping by athletes could become tougher to hide with new detection method
- Tiny brains grown in 3D-printed bioreactor
- LabVantage Solutions Names Digital Transformation Veteran Mikael Hagstroem as Chief Executive Officer
- PerkinElmer Completes Acquisition of Oxford Immunotec