Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributo ... more
Laser Ablation Specialist Wins European Award for Plasma Spectrochemistry 2009
Agilent Technologies Donates Plasma Prize
The winner of the fourth European Award for Plasma Spectrochemistry is Dr. Annemie Bogaerts, professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Antwerp, Belgium, as announced by the independent award panel. The “Plasma Prize,” donated by Agilent Technologies Inc., is awarded every two years to promote analytical plasma spectrochemical developments and applications in Europe. The prize is awarded for either a single outstanding piece of work or for continued important contributions in this field.
This year’s prize recognizes Dr. Bogaerts’ work on modeling the mechanisms of laser ablation of solid samples followed by analysis by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry or optical emission spectroscopy (LA-ICP-MS and LA-ICP-OES). These working models for understanding complex processes are proving highly useful to fellow researchers.
“I feel very honored to receive this award, especially considering the list of previous winners,” Dr. Bogaerts said. “We’ve been developing computer models for analytical plasmas and laser ablation for quite a few years, to assist experimental developments and improve analytical applications. I consider this award as recognition of the analytical community for our work.”
Dr. Bogaerts will receive the award at the European Winter Plasma Conference on Feb. 15, 2009, in Graz, Austria, where she’ll also be invited to present a lecture. The prize consists of EUR 5000 cash and an expense-paid trip to Japan to attend a scientific event or seminar. Dr. Bogaerts will also be invited to present a lecture there. Travel expenses to the European Winter Plasma Conference are included in the prize.
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Researchers develop blood test for depression, bipolar disorder
- Aviation safety: Rapid test for harmful microbes in kerosene developed
- Doping by athletes could become tougher to hide with new detection method
- First images of cells exposed to COVID-19 vaccine reveal native-like Coronav ...
- Speeding up sequence alignment across the tree of life