Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributo ... more
Laser Ablation Specialist Wins European Award for Plasma Spectrochemistry 2009
Agilent Technologies Donates Plasma Prize
The winner of the fourth European Award for Plasma Spectrochemistry is Dr. Annemie Bogaerts, professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Antwerp, Belgium, as announced by the independent award panel. The “Plasma Prize,” donated by Agilent Technologies Inc., is awarded every two years to promote analytical plasma spectrochemical developments and applications in Europe. The prize is awarded for either a single outstanding piece of work or for continued important contributions in this field.
This year’s prize recognizes Dr. Bogaerts’ work on modeling the mechanisms of laser ablation of solid samples followed by analysis by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry or optical emission spectroscopy (LA-ICP-MS and LA-ICP-OES). These working models for understanding complex processes are proving highly useful to fellow researchers.
“I feel very honored to receive this award, especially considering the list of previous winners,” Dr. Bogaerts said. “We’ve been developing computer models for analytical plasmas and laser ablation for quite a few years, to assist experimental developments and improve analytical applications. I consider this award as recognition of the analytical community for our work.”
Dr. Bogaerts will receive the award at the European Winter Plasma Conference on Feb. 15, 2009, in Graz, Austria, where she’ll also be invited to present a lecture. The prize consists of EUR 5000 cash and an expense-paid trip to Japan to attend a scientific event or seminar. Dr. Bogaerts will also be invited to present a lecture there. Travel expenses to the European Winter Plasma Conference are included in the prize.
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
- 1New Indication of a Link Between Alzheimer’s and Diabetes
- 2Click... Resistant bacteria caught in the act!
- 3The relationship of proteins
- 4Could the blood of COVID-19 patients be used to predict disease progression?
- 5Taking a deep look into animals
- 6Nanosafety research without animal experiments
- 7RNA structures by the thousands
- 8Start-up Raises 16.3 million Euros to Prepare Market Launch of its SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Testing System
- 9DKSH extends partnership with Bruker in China
- 10Snapshot of exploding oxygen
- How to Gently Caress Atoms: A single oxygen atom is used as a highly sensitive sensor
- Taking a deep look into animals
- Breaking down stubborn cellulose in time lapse
- Single-cell RNA seq method developed to accurately quantify cell-specific drug effects in pancreatic islets
- First SARS-CoV-2 genomes in Austria openly available