3M announced it has completed its acquisition of Ligacon AG, a Switzerland-based manufacturer and supplier of filtration systems and filter elements for the pharmaceutical, biotech and general industrial markets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. As part of 3M CUNO Filtration, L ... more
3M to Acquire Aerion Technologies Inc.
Acquisition of Gas Detection Systems Expands 3M Safety Product Line
3M has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Aerion Technologies Inc., a provider of environmental monitoring products including gas detection systems. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This acquisition broadens 3M's spectrum of safety products - for detection and protection to compliance - and expands its presence in gas detection and the safety market. Aerion brings to 3M a line of portable and fixed gas detection equipment for commercial and industrial applications; heat stress monitors; and a thermal imaging camera line.
Aerion employs approximately 53 people between its operations in Denver and Vancouver, B.C. The acquisition is expected to close this month subject to customary closing conditions.
- gas detection systems
- safety products
- Aerion Technologies
3M announced it has acquired Acolyte Biomedica Ltd. Acolyte Biomedica brings to 3M's infection prevention platform a pipeline of rapid culture-based screening tests for microbes, such as MRSA and vancomycin-resistant enterococcus (VRE), that simplify the diagnostic process by automating tra ... more
Dyneon LLC recently announced that it will acquire 3M's Bioanalytical Technologies business including the Empore(TM) Solid Phase Extraction family of products, effective January 1, 2007. The Bioanalytical Technologies business and Empore products will be integrated into Dyneon and will augm ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules