Several features of most conventional ICP-OES spectrometers can cause considerable trouble and expense. The difficulties can often be traced to inherent weaknesses in the instruments’ design. In older instruments, these may contribute to clearly substandard results. Even in newer spectrometers, if they’re based on traditional technology, problems may persist. A new White Paper outlines how new spectrometer technologies demonstrate improvements across four broad categories — uptime, productivity, sensitivity/stability, and cost of ownership.
Why ICP-OES User Are Moving up to the Latest Technology
This paper provides an in-depth comparison of these two long-established technologies used in a wide variety of elemental analysis applications more
ED-XRF instruments have made amazing strides in recent years. Quantum leaps in several technologies are making users rethink what’s possible more
Several features of most conventional ICP-OES spectrometers can cause considerable trouble and expense. The difficulties can often be traced to inhere more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Risks and Hazards Caused by ELECTROSTATICS in the LAB?!
- 3Comparing ICP-OES Analyzers' Plasma Views: Axial, Radial, Dual, MultiView, and New Dual Side-On Interface
- 4ETC Powder Dispensing Study
- 5Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 6Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 7Dissolved Oxygen measurement in theory and in practice
- 8Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 9X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of Polymers
- 10Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?