Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences have announced a full business integration. The integration will expand the existing analytical instrument and service relationship (Amplify Analytics) to include the Chemistry and Biology services of CLS. Both entities are operating businesses ... more
Concept Life Sciences achieves record profits
Strengthens senior team
Concept Life Sciences (Concept), the integrated drug discovery, development and analytical services company, today announced a successful financial year, ending 2017 with revenues in excess of $65m/£49m. The Company also welcomes Dr Andrew Scott as Head of Bioassay Development and Screening, and Magalie Ferbach as Business Development Director for Southern and Central Europe.
Concept has strengthened its resources and increased capacity across all disciplines in 2017, and especially in translational biology services for small molecule programmes, with key appointments in scientific and business support services, the opening of 12,000 square feet of laboratory space at Alderley Park, and acquisition of Aquila Biomedical in Edinburgh.
The addition of Aquila opens up the large molecule arena to Concept, with specific therapeutic experience in immuno-oncology. The expansion seen though 2017 will enable the Company to increase its penetration in integrated discovery and development services and in complex analytical science across the agrochemical, environmental, and life sciences sectors.
Dr Andrew Scott has 20 years’ experience in senior scientific roles for pharmaceutical companies, biotechs and CROs, including Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Molplex and Sygnature Discovery. He obtained his PhD in Biochemistry from UMIST (now University of Manchester) under the supervision of Prof. Rob Beynon in 1996, after which he gained a post-doc position with the University of Liverpool and Evans Medical (now UCB Pharma).
Magalie Ferbach has 18 years’ experience in the agrochemicals business, most recently at Envigo where she was sales director for central Europe in crop protection and biocides. Prior to Envigo she was at ANADIAG Laboratories/ANADIAG SAS where she held various roles including Business Development Manager, and Regulatory Expert. Magalie has a Bachelor’s degree and Diploma of Higher Education in Chemistry.
“2017 has been a pivotal year for Concept. We welcome Magalie and Andrew to the group at this exciting time in our development, and look forward to their contribution to our integrated discovery and development team,” said Michael Fort, Executive Chairman, Concept Life Sciences. “Moving into 2018, we continue to search for complementary businesses in the UK and overseas that add to our current scientific offering, both in existing and in adjacent service lines. The business in on course for continued profitable growth of over 30% in 2018, as the Company expands and broadens its services offering, including increased reach in Europe and the United States.”
- business development
- Life Sciences
- personnel changes
- 1Elusive carbonic acid: it really exists!
- 2A new tool for estimating people’s total exposure to potentially harmful chemicals is developed by Mount Sinai researchers
- 3Advances in spectroscopy
- 4New Molecular Microscopy Uncovers how Breast Cancer Spreads
- 5Imaging cells: New method enables clear, precise look inside
- 6Smarter sensor sniffs out target gases
- 7Can smartphones predict mortality risk?
- 8SARS-CoV-2 detection in 30 minutes using gene scissors
- 9Fighting tumours with magnetic bacteria
- 10Seeing concentrations of toxins with the naked eye
- Hope for first blood test to detect deadly heart inflammation
- Medicines with Sugar Chains
- Spectroscopically Controlled Quantum Bits
- How to tell if that plastic bottle or bag has recycled material in it
- Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence