Eppendorf AG and Koki Holdings Co., Ltd., have reached an agreement that Eppendorf will acquire Koki’s centrifuge business, including the premium himac brand. A corresponding agreement was signed by both companies in Tokyo. The acquisition marks a targeted step by Hamburg-based Eppendorf AG ... more
Eppendorf continues on course for success
The Eppendorf Group successfully ended fiscal year 2016 with Group sales of €651.5 million (prior year: €629.1 million) and revenue growth of 3.6% (4.8% when adjusted for currency effects). Income from operations (EBIT) climbed 17.1% to €139.6 million (prior year: €119.3 million), amounting to an EBIT margin of 21.4% (prior year: 19.0%).
The Asian market and the services segment in particular contributed to this good result. During the reporting year, Eppendorf significantly increased expenses for research and development to €34.8 million (prior year: €31.9 million). In addition, the company expanded its global service and sales presence, among other things through the acquisition of a company in Ireland.
“Once again, we can look back on a good fiscal year. We want to continue developing dynamically and are currently working on a variety of measures to ensure we achieve profitable growth in the future as well,” said Thomas Bachmann, President & Chief Executive Officer of Eppendorf AG. “In addition to carrying out various internal projects, we took the step early this year, for instance, of acquiring a controlling interest in the Dutch company Bio-ITech B.V. after working closely with them last year on device and data networking.”
In 2017, the company will continue to focus on product and application development as well as on the ongoing expansion of its sales, development and production sites.
The Supervisory Board of Eppendorf AG has appointed Eva von Pelt, currently Chief Commercial Officer, and Dr. Peter Fruhstorfer, currently Head of Business Area Sample Handling, as Co-Chief Executive Officers of Eppendorf AG. Both will succeed Thomas Bachmann, the former President & CEO of ... more
The Eppendorf Group is boosting its production capacity at its site in Oldenburg in Holstein by building two new production halls. Operations at the two sites will begin in the second half of 2020, significantly increasing the overall capacity of Eppendorf Polymere GmbH, a wholly owned subs ... more
There are many Reasons for an Eppendorf Multipette®. You are the most Important one. You want your everyday pipetting routine faster, easier and more precise? Even when dealing with liquids of higher density, volatility or viscosity? And at the same time, you want to reduce continuous str ... more
Exact pipetting with reduced workload With their 16 and 24 channels, the new mechanical multichannel pipettes Eppendorf Research® plus and the new electronic multichannel pipettes Eppendorf Xplorer® plus can now tackle entire columns and rows of a 384-well plate in one single step. Up to 24 ... more
Fast, easy and precise dispensing even when dealing with liquids of higher density, volatility or viscosity? For the electronic and mechanical hand dispensers from Eppendorf, Multipette® E3/E3x and M4, this is not a challenge. In 1978, Eppendorf revolutionized the industry and laboratory wo ... more
- 1A new, highly sensitive chemical sensor uses protein nanowires
- 2New COVID-19 test quickly and accurately detects viral RNA
- 3Researcher Develops One Minute Coronavirus Test
- 4The Higgs boson and superconductivity
- 5Start-up Raises 16.3 million Euros to Prepare Market Launch of its SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Testing System
- 6Diagnostic biosensor quickly detects SARS-CoV-2 from nasopharyngeal swabs
- 7A new biosensor for the COVID-19 virus
- 8A Glimpse into Real-Time Methanol Synthesis
- 9Single-cell RNA seq method developed to accurately quantify cell-specific drug effects in pancreatic islets
- 10Real-time observation of enzymatic processes on DNA
- Two colour technique reveals how X-ray lasers damage biomolecules
- Microbes on microscope eyepieces: could mean one in the eye for users!
- Gene editing: Taming CRISPR’s collateral damage
- Start-up Raises 16.3 million Euros to Prepare Market Launch of its SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Testing System
- Alexandra Knauer awarded as a female entrepreneur role model