Merck announced that its biopharmaceutical division Merck Serono is well on track with the implementation of the Group’s “Fit for 2018” transformation and growth program. This is reflected by efficiency gains and the successful execution of growth initiatives as well as progress in the pipe ... more
Merck Serono and Illumina Enter Strategic Collaboration for Diagnostics in Oncology
Merck Serono and Illumina, Inc., announced a collaboration to expand the development of a universal next-generation sequencing-based oncology diagnostic for clinical trials of targeted cancer therapies.
Under the terms of the agreement, Merck Serono and Illlumina will work together to develop assays that detect and simultaneously measure multiple genetic variants in a single tumor sample in a clinical trial setting. Illumina’s successful regulatory track record was an important consideration in the collaboration, as next-generation sequencing platforms cleared by a regulatory agency could accelerate the development of an assay and facilitate the registration of a companion diagnostic.
“Our collaboration with Illumina around next-generation sequencing will enable us to perform genome studies at a pace unheard of a few years ago, and could lead to the development of several diagnostics,” said Susan Herbert, Head of Global Business Development at Merck Serono. “This collaboration will strengthen the position of Merck Serono as a global leader in precision medicine in oncology.”
The collaboration will include development of the diagnostic, worldwide regulatory approvals, and global commercialization.
- Merck Serono
- next generation sequencing
Illumina, Inc. and Pacific Biosciences announced they have signed an agreement for Illumina to acquire Pacific Biosciences at a price of $8.00 per Pacific Biosciences share in an all-cash transaction. This price represents a premium of 71% to Pacific Biosciences’ 30 trading day volume weigh ... more
Analytik Jena has entered a partnership with Illumina, Inc. headquartered in San Diego. In so doing Analytik Jena gains access to the growing genotyping market currently being served by Illumina’s technologies by offering a production scale solution to provide ultra-high throughput sample p ... more
Researchers from Illumina, Inc. and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute have used Illumina's next generation sequencing technology to create a draft genome sequence for the endangered Tasmanian devil, and will use this to find genetic mutations in the transmissible cancer that is ravaging ... more
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Holes in T cells
- 4Diagnosing cancer in minutes
- 5A mobile breakthrough for water environment monitoring
- 6Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 7Sartorius with clear double-digit growth in fiscal 2022
- 8Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 9How old is your brain, really?
- 10The architecture of shattered genomes
- DSM and LabTwin enter into cooperation
- Revolutionizing breast cancer detection through AI: iCAD and Google Health l ...
- New collaboration between Shimadzu and the University Medical Center Göttingen
- Digital lab management: Fully connected
- BioM and Munich Biotech Cluster celebrate its 25th anniversary