Eurofins Scientific announced that its subsidiary Eurofins Clinical Testing US Holdings, Inc. has entered into an agreement to acquire DNA Diagnostics Center (“DDC”), a leader in consumer genetic testing. DDC anticipates delivering revenues of over US$55m in 2021. DDC is one of the most hig ... more
Eurofins Enters Into an Agreement to Acquire QTA and a Supply Agreement with BASF
Eurofins Scientific, Inc. announces the planned acquisition of the Quality Trait Analysis (QTA®) business of BASF Corporation. The acquisition will strengthen Eurofins’ growing presence in the US while adding a unique business possessing the most advanced expertise in on-site quality analysis systems.
The QTA® System is a patented analytical service that enables clients to quickly and easily test the quality of products and materials, reliably and accurately. QTA® handles all the technical development, configuration, management and monitoring behind the scenes, enabling accurate quality testing by non-technical personnel, and allowing its clients more freedom in managing their operations. With high quality data, obtained in rapid times, QTA® helps its clients measurably increase the value of their finished product, improve process yields, reduce waste and rework, and improve profitability. Its leading technology serves global stakeholders in multiple industry segments, including biodiesel, pesticides, seed and grain, chemicals, food ingredients, and dietary supplements.
As an integral component of this deal, Eurofins also will enter into a supplier agreement with BASF Corporation to provide QTA® patented testing and technical support to BASF globally.
- quality analysis
Eurofins Scientific, Inc. announced the signing of an agreement to acquire the Pan Labs pharmacology unit that was formerly operated by Ricerca Biosciences LLC and MDS Pharma. Pan Labs is a provider in early stage discovery services with a portfolio that provides molecular pharmacology, fu ... more
The world’s first toxicology testing strategy without animal testing has been approved by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development). The testing strategy consists of three so-called alternative methods. They can be used to predict whether a substance causes allergic ... more
The Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS), with an established track record in the validation of alternatives to animal testing, is teaming up with BASF and Givaudan to validate an improved skin sensitization reactivity method to address the needs of toxicologists and regulators. Scientist ... more
BASF announced that its U.S. affiliate, BASF Corporation, has entered into an agreement to commence a cash tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of the biotechnology company Verenium Corporation (VRNM) for US$4.00 per share. Based on all outstanding shares and inclu ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Tecan successfully completes the acquisition of Paramit
- Cytiva and Pall Corporation investing 1.5 billion USD over two years to meet growing demand for biotechnology solutions
- The hidden culprit killing lithium-metal batteries from the inside
- Muscle's smallest building blocks disappear after stroke
- New face mask prototype can detect Covid-19 infection