Trajan Scientific and Medical, “Trajan” has completed its acquisition of the Chromatography and Liquid Handling businesses of SGE Analytical Science, “SGE”. SGE was founded by Ern Dawes in Melbourne Australia in 1961 and has remained in the Dawes family for over 50 years. Its business, focu ... more
SGE Analytical Science: eVol Wins prestigious R&D100 Technology Innovation Award
eVol®, the world’s first automated analytical syringe created and manufactured by SGE Analytical Science, has been selected as a 2010 R&D100 Award winner. eVol® is a unique laboratory tool that removes the human limitation of manual liquid handling delivering significantly improved levels of accuracy, precision and reproducibility.
SGE is proud to receive this award saluting the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the market place over the past year. The R&D100 Awards serve as a benchmark for excellence in many industries including manufacturing and biotechnology.
“eVol® was created utilizing SGE’s unique knowledge of liquid handling combined with our design engineering capability,” said SGE Chairman Peter Dawes. He foresees wide application of the product. “Every laboratory manually handling liquids can derive benefits from eVol® in terms of improved results, workflow, safety for staff and resource savings. eVol® will revolutionize the way laboratories work and the pace at which they process samples."
What is eVol®?
eVol® is the world’s first digitally controlled positive displacement dispensing system solving many existing liquid handling issues. It simply and elegantly removes the human limitations of manual liquid handling and overcomes the problems associated with air displacement pipettes and dispensing organic solvents.
eVol® has been created by the coupling of a precision analytical syringe to a digitally controlled electronic drive. The result is a product that eliminates user error and allows significantly improved levels of precision and accuracy in manual dispensing thereby improving laboratory workflows and the reliability of reported results. eVol® can be easily calibrated enabling laboratories to comply with stringent global laboratory standards (e.g. GLP, GMP, FDA).
eVol® is the world’s first product to be enabled by SGE’s patented XCHANGE® technology - an innovative XCHANGE® magnetic coupling mechanism also available for integration onto robotic platforms. The integration of the XCHANGE® coupling with eVol® makes it possible for syringes to be rapidly and easily removed and replaced, allowing them to be dedicated to individual liquids and/or methods and to prevent possible cross contamination.
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- DZNE’s First Spin-off “Neuron–D” Uses Innovative Technology for Drug Testing
- Corona Genome Sequencing: Start-up "nanozoo" Launches Portal for Free Data A ...
- New and highly efficient method for SARS-CoV-2 mutation analysis
- Mini-laboratory delivers results in about 40 minutes at the point of care
- A new way of rapidly counting and identifying viruses
- Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences announce integration
- First images of cells exposed to COVID-19 vaccine reveal native-like Coronavirus spikes
- Simple, non-invasive skin swab samples are enough to quickly detect COVID-19
- Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time