SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
Change in SPECTRO Management
Michael Privik Succeeds Dr. Christoph Mätzig
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced a change in management. Dr. Christoph Mätzig, who is moving within the AMETEK Group and has taken over the management of the Ultra Precision Technologies division effective January 1st, 2022, will be succeeded by Michael Privik, who has been a member of the senior management team since 2016.
A native of Duisburg, Germany, Michael began his career at SPECTRO back in 1991. After starting out in the customer support center, he played a key role in helping to establish the X-ray fluorescence analysis (XRF) product line, where he managed the applications laboratory. Finally, he moved to sales and held various positions including responsibility for all EMEA sales. Since 2016, Michael Privik has been a member of the Executive Board as Managing Director Global Sales & Marketing. He has now been appointed Business Unit Managing Director as of January 1st, 2022.
"In the course of my 30 years with SPECTRO, I have experienced all the ups and downs. Today, SPECTRO is excellently positioned – we have qualified employees, state-of-the-art technologies and market-leading products. This is something we can grow with. I would like to continue this positive development. And the customer will definitely continue to be our focus," explained Privik. However, there are also challenges to overcome. In particular, he said, rising inflation and the global shortage of materials are worthy of mention. "We will respond to this with appropriate measures and make selective changes."
Dave Samyn, Head of the Material Analysis Division of SPECTRO's parent company AMETEK: “I would like thank Dr. Christoph Mätzig for his outstanding work over the past five years. SPECTRO has built upon its strong history and evolved impressively under his direction. I am sure that Michael Privik, with his many years of management experience, will continue SPECTRO on the growth path that has been chosen and lead the company into a successful future. I am very much looking forward to further cooperation."
- SPECTRO Analytical…
- personnel changes
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
This report explores how engineering innovations can significantly reduce costs — enabling substantial savings while improving performance. more
This report describes the analysis of aqueous solutions by ICP-OES with Dual Side-On Inter-face plasma observation. more
ED-XRF instruments have made amazing strides in recent years. Quantum leaps in several technologies are making users rethink what’s possible more
- 1Miniaturized infrared detectors
- 2A new tool for estimating people’s total exposure to potentially harmful chemicals is developed by Mount Sinai researchers
- 3Can smartphones predict mortality risk?
- 4Fighting tumours with magnetic bacteria
- 5Advances in spectroscopy
- 6New collaboration between Shimadzu and the University Medical Center Göttingen
- 7New Molecular Microscopy Uncovers how Breast Cancer Spreads
- 8Imaging cells: New method enables clear, precise look inside
- 9Smarter sensor sniffs out target gases
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- Waters Corporation Appoints Dan Brennan and Mark Vergnano to Board of Directors
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2022 goes to Svante Pääbo: What ma ...
- Bruker Appoints Philip Ma to its Board of Directors
- New sole owner at LabCognition
- KRÜSS on course for expansion with Gordon Peters as additional managing director