Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributo ... more
Agilent completes acquisition of Lasergen
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing.
In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas based privately-held company to acquire a 48-percent ownership stake with a two-year call option to acquire the remaining shares for $105 million. Agilent gave its notice of exercise on February 23, 2018.
“We are pleased to complete our acquisition of Lasergen,” said Sam Raha, president of Agilent’s Diagnostics and Genomics Group. “We are excited to welcome our Lasergen colleagues to the Agilent family, and look forward to continuing our work as one team focused on building a next-generation sequencing workflow for clinical applications.”
Since Agilent’s initial investment, Lasergen and Agilent have been collaborating to develop a workflow solution for clinical applications based on next-generation sequencing leveraging Lasergen’s Lightning Terminators™ chemistry.
“In 2016 we began our collaboration with Lasergen that reinforced our confidence in the team and technology,” said Kamni Vijay, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Genomics division. “As a unified team, we now have new opportunities to leverage our combined strengths and create significant value for our customers as we work towards our goal of creating an integrated clinical workflow solution and providing more labs with access to molecular diagnostics.”
- next generation sequencing
- Agilent Technologies
- DNA sequencing
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc. (AATI), a provider of capillary electrophoresis-based (CE) solutions for fully-automated analysis of a range of molecules for $250 million in cash. ... more
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 4analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 7Merck acquires a French company
- 8Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10The genetic basis of bats’ superpowers revealed
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- How to map brain connections using DNA barcodes
- Listeria protein provides a CRISPR 'kill switch'
- Developing new techniques to improve atomic force microscopy