President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Dr. Ludwin Monz, has announced to the Supervisory Board that he will not be accepting another term in office. The Supervisory Board notes his decision with regret. Dr. Monz and the Supervisory Board have agreed to end his term on 31 December 2021. ... more
Zeiss strenghtens in-house quality and production management
ZEISS and GUARDUS have announced that the software solutions supplier for computer-supported quality assurance and production management systems based in the German city of Ulm has become a wholly owned subsidiary of the ZEISS Group.
For ZEISS, the integration of GUARDUS into its Industrial Metrology (IMT) business group will further strengthen its own position as a partner for increasing productivity in digital manufacturing. The Computer Aided Quality (CAQ) applications and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) from GUARDUS provide customers with a fully integrated analysis and steering function for production.
"With GUARDUS, we will enhance our software solutions like ZEISS PiWeb with a comprehensive database not previously available, enabling us to offer our customers even more holistic services. Together we are striving for a new level of integrated solutions for agile process management. We want to supply the foundation for automated control processes, learning systems and simulation methods for networked and intelligent quality assurance in the Smart Factory," says Dr. Jochen Peter, Member of the Executive Board of the ZEISS Group and President & CEO of Carl Zeiss Industrielle Messtechnik GmbH.
"We are convinced that, by being directly integrated in the ZEISS Group with its large installed base, GUARDUS will enjoy even better conditions for driving further developments and continued strong growth," says Simone Cronjäger, Company Founder and Managing Director of GUARDUS. She adds, "Integrating solutions from GUARDUS and thus all vertical and horizontal information processes will enable unprecedented decision intelligence – extending from the field and control levels all the way to the comprehensive process and plant management levels."
Initially, the joint customer focus will be on the automotive and engineering industries as well as medical technology. GUARDUS' existing sites in Ulm and Timisoara, Romania will be retained. For the approximately 60 employees, business operations will be transferred as per German legal provisions.
- quality assurance
- production management
- Carl Zeiss
The ZEISS Group had a successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2020/21 (ended 31 March 2021). It saw its revenue rise by 6 percent (adjusted for currency fluctuations, by 9 percent) to 3.406 billion euros (previous year: 3.213 billion euros). Around 90% of this sum was generate ... more
ZEISS and BOSELLO HIGH TECHNOLOGY (BOSELLO) announce that the Italian supplier of solutions for industrial X-ray systems, is now fully part of the ZEISS Group and will operate under the name Carl Zeiss X-ray Technologies Srl. In 2018, ZEISS acquired a majority stake in BOSELLO to strengthen ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Beckman Coulter strenghtens laboratory automation business
- Waters acquires DESI-MS technology from Prosolia
- Agilent aigns agreement to acquire assets from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd.
- Zeiss strenghtens in-house quality and production management
- Oxford Nanopore raises 140M € from international investors