Phenomenex Inc. announced it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Danaher Corporation. Phenomenex will operate as a standalone operating company, retaining the Phenomenex brand, its personnel and site locations. "Phenomenex is a widely recognizable brand that we are proud to ... more
Phenomenex: Zebron GC Columns Receive Two R&D 100 Awards
Phenomenex, Inc. announced that the company has received 2009 R&D 100 awards for two of its GC products – the Zebron™ ZB-Bioethanol column for biofuel testing and the Zebron™ ZB-Drug-1 column for analysis of drugs of abuse. The awards, determined by an independent judging panel and the editors of R&D Magazine, recognize the 100 most technologically significant products introduced during the past year.
“The R&D 100 Awards honor the latest technology developments that are designed to meet societal, scientific, or business challenges facing us today – and tomorrow,” said Rita Peters, editorial director of R&D Magazine.
“It’s unusual that two GC columns have won awards and this is a testament to our sharp focus on meeting the needs of specific industries,” commented Ngoc Nguyen, GC brand manager for Phenomenex. “Our Zebron Inferno were the first GC columns ever to be recognized with this award, when they won two years ago.”
The winning Zebron ZB-Bioethanol column meets the biofuel industry’s growing need for fast certification and shipment of product. This column for gas chromatography resolves a number of challenges facing bioethanol plants, providing accurate analysis of fuel samples in one-eighth the time of other columns. The second winner is the Zebron ZB-Drug-1 column, which quickly and accurately tests for drugs of abuse such as opiates, marijuana and cocaine, in forensic applications and job applicant screening. Zebron ZB-Drug-1 successfully eliminates problems associated with analyzing biological samples by providing a unique selectivity that resolves target analytes from matrix interferences. Zebron’s proprietary technology provides lower bleed levels than other columns to give lower detection limits.
Phenomenex Inc. announced that it has expanded its international subsidiary network to serve India directly from a new office in Hyderabad. The new entity, which opened this month, will serve research communities throughout India with sales and service teams that sell all Phenomenex produc ... more
Phenomenex announced that president and CEO Fasha Mahjoor has been selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Greater Los Angeles Entrepreneur of the Year 2010 award. According to Ernst & Young LLP, the awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate extraordinary success in the ar ... more
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Diagnosing cancer in minutes
- 4A mobile breakthrough for water environment monitoring
- 5Holes in T cells
- 6Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 7Sartorius with clear double-digit growth in fiscal 2022
- 8How old is your brain, really?
- 9Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 10The architecture of shattered genomes
- Voice data as a biomarker for disease
- A single instrument determines a total of ten greenhouse gases and air pollu ...
- ZEISS microscope developers win the Deutscher Zukunftspreis 2022
- Automated measurement technique for microplastic detection in water
- Analyze proteins and protein interactions with hitherto unseen performance