Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Grou ... more
Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
Shimadzu has joined forces with the France-based AlsaChim company, an independent contract research and development organization. AlsaChim specializes in stable isotope-labelled compounds, metabolites and pharmaceutical related substances, and analytical purposes. With immediate effect, Shimadzu Europe has acquired AlsaChim by 100%.The brand name will be kept for the future complemented by the subtitle “a Shimadzu Group Company”. The price for the acquisition is kept confidential.
Through the acquisition of AlsaChim, Shimadzu also adds value to its European Innovation Center (EUIC), particularly for the clinical segments which is one of EUIC’s focus areas. This innovations-oriented Think Tank combines academic-scientific expertise from well-known European universities with Shimadzu’s cutting-edge technology to provide even more customer-focused service.
“With AlsaChim, we have a strong partner in our organization who is able to finalize and validate new application kits and utilize the developments done by EUIC and transfer them into ready-to-use products”, said Bjoern-Thoralf Erxleben, Senior Manager Analytic Shimadzu Europa, based in Duisburg, Germany.
Shimadzu and AlsaChim expect new customers for both brands. The EUIC and its strong cooperation partners provide a platform for new and additional business. Having with AlsaChim a strong partner for development of application kit solutions, this will increase Shimadzu’s business in the clinical and diagnostic market, but also in other market segments. “Being part of the Shimadzu Group, the AlsaChim brand expects additional demand for their products in new sales areas as well as stronger marketing support than before”, said Jean-Francois Hoeffler, President of AlsaChim.
- isotope labeled compounds
- analytical standards
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI) is now offering a new white paper titled “Advantages of LCMS-IT-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Identifying Polymer Additives.” The paper is available for free download at the company’s Web site. Identifying polymer additives is a critical step for produ ... more
Shimadzu has been awarded the 2008 Frost & Sullivan European Mass Spectrometry Product Line Strategy Award. It is presented each year to a company that has demonstrated the most insight into customer needs and product demands. The recipient company should have optimized its product line by ... more
Compact and seamless integration with Shimadzu HPLC systems ✓ Outstanding MS performance without compromise ✓ Simple and efficient for maximum productivity in your lab ✓ more
The fully inert flowline prohibits analyte adsorption for best separation and reliable results ✓ Online pH-monitoring for accurate mobile phase control and highly reproducible chromatography ✓ Full data integrity by integration of all modules into the software and audit trail ✓ more
Precise results at top operating speed due to improved S/N ratio ✓ accurate and reliable measurements through comprehensive data integrity features ✓ user-friendly operation thanks to intelligent assistance systems ✓ more
- 1Alzheimer's early detection up to 17 years in advance
- 2New test may predict COVID-19 immunity
- 3‘Smart necklace’ biosensor may track health status through sweat
- 4Smoke Detector “Sniffs out” Causes of Fire
- 5First electric nanomotor made from DNA material
- 6Attosecond measurement on electrons in water clusters
- 7New FRITSCH Technology Centre Particle Sizing
- 8Deep Learning despite sparse data
- 9Pimp my Spec: Upgrade for Magnetic Resonance Methods with a 1,000-fold Amplifier
- 10Unchartered territory in the human genome
- Building blocks of the future for photovoltaics
- Automated measurement technique for microplastic detection in water
- Protection against COVID-19: experience is not always an advantage for the immune response
- Bacterial membrane transporter helps pathogens to hide from immune system
- Zooming in to get the full picture