Phenomenex Inc. announced that it has expanded its international subsidiary network to serve India directly from a new office in Hyderabad. The new entity, which opened this month, will serve research communities throughout India with sales and service teams that sell all Phenomenex produc ... more
Phenomenex to be Acquired by Danaher Corporation
Phenomenex Inc. announced it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Danaher Corporation. Phenomenex will operate as a standalone operating company, retaining the Phenomenex brand, its personnel and site locations.
"Phenomenex is a widely recognizable brand that we are proud to say is highly respected and well established as providing high-quality consumables to the scientific community worldwide," said Fasha Mahjoor, CEO, Phenomenex. "Joining Danaher will allow us to maintain the high pace of innovation that our customers and international distributors have come to expect from us. This is our opportunity to further expand our R&D activities, benefit our customers with a more diversified product portfolio and reinforce our market leadership."
"We are thrilled to have Phenomenex join Danaher's life sciences portfolio of businesses, which include SCIEX, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, Pall, Leica Microsystems and Molecular Devices," said Dan Daniel, Executive Vice President, Danaher. "Phenomenex is a strong business characterized by high growth rates and margins and excellent growth prospects driven by increasing analytical testing needs in the health, research and environmental segments. The Danaher Business System (DBS) has a strong track record of helping businesses rapidly scale operations and create long-term customer value. We look forward to supporting the Phenomenex team in leveraging DBS tools for growth and welcoming them to our Life Sciences team."
The transaction, which is expected to close by late 2016, is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
Phenomenex announced that president and CEO Fasha Mahjoor has been selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Greater Los Angeles Entrepreneur of the Year 2010 award. According to Ernst & Young LLP, the awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate extraordinary success in the ar ... more
Phenomenex Inc. announces a Chiral Screening Service for customers in pharmaceutical and natural products research and development. This free service provides target screening using a library of HPLC and SFC columns including the Phenomenex Lux polysaccharide-based offerings. After resolv ... more
Sartorius successfully closed the acquisition of selected life science businesses of Danaher Corporation. The transaction was completed on April 30, 2020, after receiving the required regulatory approvals. “The acquisition of this portfolio is a further milestone for Sartorius. The assets w ... more
Sartorius has signed an agreement to acquire parts of Danaher’s Life Science Portfolio for approximately $750 million in cash. The businesses had combined sales turnover of approximately $140 million in 2018 with a strong growth profile and double-Digit profit margins. They employ around 30 ... more
Danaher Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Pall Corporation pursuant to which Danaher will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Pall for $127.20 per share in cash, or a total enterprise value of approximately $13.8 billion, including assume ... more
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 4Merck acquires a French company
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 7Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 8Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10Biofilms - an invisible threat to food safety
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- How to map brain connections using DNA barcodes
- Listeria protein provides a CRISPR 'kill switch'
- Developing new techniques to improve atomic force microscopy