Beckman Coulter Life Sciences signed a definitive agreement to acquire m2p-labs, a privately held, microbioreactor manufacturer based in Baesweiler, Germany. m2p-labs is best known for its transformative BioLector plate-based microbioreactors, which support automated solutions for screening ... more
Beckman Coulter Cytometer accepted by WHO prequalification of in vitro diagnostics programme
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announced that their Aquios CL flow cytometer has been accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) Prequalification of In Vitro Diagnostics Programme. It can now be used specifically for the immunologic assessment of patients having, or suspected of having, immune deficiency.
The World Health Organization (WHO) Prequalification of In Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) Programme aims to promote and facilitate access to safe, appropriate and affordable in vitro diagnostics of good quality in an equitable manner. Focus is placed on in vitro diagnostics for priority diseases and their suitability for use in resource-limited settings.
The Prequalification IVD Programme has accepted the Aquios CL cytometer together with the Aquios Tetra‐1 Panel (CD45‐FITC/CD4‐RD1/CD8‐ ECD/CD3‐PC5) and Aquios Immuno‐Trol/Immuno‐Trol low controls. They are intended for use with in‐vitro diagnostic flow cytometric applications, involving four fluorescent detection channels using a blue (488 nm) laser, two light scatter detection channels and electronic volume (EV).
“Beckman Coulter is committed to developing HIV monitoring solutions that contribute directly to the treatment process,” explained Mario Koksch PhD, Vice President of the Cytometry Unit for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences.
The company’s CARES (Cellular Accessible Retroviral Evaluation Systems) Initiative is designed to provide innovative solutions for the monitoring of HIV and AIDS treatment. It started in 2004 after Professor Debbie Glencross, a South African laboratory pathologist, found a different and less expensive way to measure a patient’s CD4 count. The development of this compact, fully automated instrument to run that assay and carry out the accurate characterization of T cell CD4 subsets is the latest part of this initiative.
- Beckman Coulter
- World Health Organisation
- immune deficiencies
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announced its acquisition of Labcyte, a privately held, acoustic liquid handling company based in San Jose, California. Labcyte is best known for its Echo® acoustic droplet ejection technology, which uses sound waves to transfer tiny amounts of liquid with une ... more
Beckman Coulter Genomic announces accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Furthering a long-standing commitment to delivering state-of-the-art sequencing services and high levels of customer satisfaction, the facility in Danvers completed a comprehensive on-site insp ... more
Digital pulse data can be stored & re-analyzed as needed ✓ Detect particles regardless of material type or optical properties ✓ Multiple aperture options & data overlay capability for analyzing complex samples over wide particle more
single-use consumables will help you optimize your lab processes ✓ Providing Multilevels of Biocontainment for Laboratory Safety ✓ ready to go, right out of the bag more
Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) detection modules offer superior signal resolution ✓ Different instrument configurations available with up to 3-laser and 13-color detection ✓ Compact design for use in biological safety cabinets more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- DZNE’s First Spin-off “Neuron–D” Uses Innovative Technology for Drug Testing
- Corona Genome Sequencing: Start-up "nanozoo" Launches Portal for Free Data A ...
- New and highly efficient method for SARS-CoV-2 mutation analysis
- Mini-laboratory delivers results in about 40 minutes at the point of care