The Scientist magazine has chosen the Leica TCS SP8 STED 3X as one of the Top 10 Innovations 2014 that will change the way life scientists work. An independent jury of experts from science and industry selected the latest generation of Leica Microsystems’ super-resolution microscopes. This ... more
Markus Lusser is new president of Leica Microsystems
Markus Lusser is the new President and Director of Leica Microsystems, headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany. This appointment became effective July 1, 2015. He succeeds Andries Peter Jan van den Broek who has left the company.
Before joining Leica Microsystems, Markus Lusser was Vice President Global Sales and Customer Support with Sciex. Sciex produces analysis instruments and, like Leica Microsystems, belongs to the U.S. company, Danaher Corporation. Lusser holds an Electrical Engineering Degree in Telecommunications and Electronics from the College of Electrical Engineering in Innsbruck, Austria (HTBLA). His professional career includes a 20-year tenure at Siemens Healthcare, most recently as Vice President Global Sales and Marketing for Siemens’ Molecular Imaging business.
On Monday, October 20, 2014, Yale University West Campus will open the doors to a new microscopy Center of Excellence made possible through a partnership with Leica Microsystems. Housed in a newly created core facility, the Leica Center of Excellence at Yale West Campus will provide scienti ... more
Leica Microsystems has strengthened the alliance with its Turkish distributors Mikro-Optik Tıbbi Malzeme Ithalat Ihracat ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi and Gantenbein Ticaret Mürsel Gelincik ve Ortağı Adi Komandit Şirketi, thereby deepening its market presence in Turkey. All relevant assets of ... more
Visually inspect and chemically analyze in a single work step with your DM6 M LIBS materials analysis solution. The integrated laser spectroscopy function delivers the chemical composition of the microstructure that you see in the microscope image – within a second. Speed up your workflow ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Waters Appoints John M. Ballbach to Board of Directors
- Changes to Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG
- LabVantage Solutions Names Digital Transformation Veteran Mikael Hagstroem a ...
- QIAGEN expands Supervisory Board with appointment of a new member
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- Artificial intelligence helps to find new natural substances
- Genomic tracking of the COVID-19 pandemic in England
- In neurodegenerative diseases, brain immune cells have a “ravenous appetite” for sugar
- Researchers Find Warning Signs for Dementia in the Blood
- Tailor-made X-rays for research and development