The first two Analytik Jena Science Awards are given to Dr. Carlos Abad of the Federal Institute of Materials Research and Testing (BAM), Berlin, and Natalie Rangno of the Institute of Wood Technology Dresden. With this award, Analytik Jena is honoring scientific articles in which Analytik ... more
History of analytical measuring technology in Jena
Analytik Jena opens company museum
Analytik Jena AG's company museum presents the history of analytical measuring technology in Jena to visitors, customers, business partners and interested guests over 70 square meters, and showcases the continuation of instrument development at Analytik Jena up to the present day. More than 40 exhibits are on display from the three business units of Analytical Instrumentation, Life Science, and Optics, including many historical instruments from the time before Analytik Jena was founded in 1990 - starting in the 1960s and 1970s, and stretching into the 1990s. A variety of instruments ranging from spectrophotometers, atomic absorption spectrometers, thermal cyclers, automatic pipetters, and refractometers to small reflex sights from the Optics unit are on display.
"Analytik Jena AG is one of the most innovative companies in the world for modern analytical measuring technology. The foundations of our success were laid in April 1990 when three former Zeiss employees established Analytik Jena. With the acquisition of lab analysis technology from Carl Zeiss - including product portfolio, patents, employees, and their expertise - in December 1995, the long-standing tradition, which was on the verge of coming to an end, was continued with great success in Jena. We are still strongly committed to the historical achievements of Ernst Abbe and Carl Zeiss today," said Klaus Berka, Chief Executive Officer of Analytik Jena AG.
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, BAM) and Analytik Jena AG have agreed to cooperate extensively in the research and development of optical spectrometry in the area of elemental analysis. The two parties signed a corr ... more
Effective July 1, 2017, Analytik Jena AG is selling all of its shares in AJ Blomesystem GmbH to the GUS Group. The sale of the previously wholly owned subsidiary and provider of comprehensive laboratory software management and information systems (LIMS) results from the strategic orientatio ... more
Optimized design for automation and a lifting system for easy removal of the PCR plates ✓ Intuitive control through user-friendly software with option for integration into automation software ✓ High performance & excellent temperature homogeneity in 96- and 384-well format more
No matter what your preferred method of western blotting is, the UVP ChemStudio Series features the highest sensitivity in gel analysis available more
- 1analytica 2020 with very good results in the digital format
- 2Researchers find the favourite food of an enigmatic intestinal bacterium
- 3Spread of a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant across Europe in summer 2020
- 4How deadly parasites ‘glide’ into human cells
- 5analytica 2020: The world’s largest virtual trade fair for analysis, laboratory technology and biotechnology
- 6New cancer diagnostics: A glimpse into the tumor in 3D
- 7Midbrain organoids for automated chemical screening and disease research
- 8Artificial Intelligence has learned to estimate oil viscosity
- 9Nanopatterns of proteins detected by cryo-electron microscopy
- 10World record resolution in cryo-electron microscopy
- Abbott Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization and Launches Test to Detect ...
- Mologic awarded c.£1 million by UK government to develop rapid diagnostic te ...
- Oxford Nanopore raises 140M € from international investors
- Optimizing costs for companies with on-site power generation
- SpinDiag Raises 1.6 Mio. EUR Seed-Capital
- New and highly efficient method for SARS-CoV-2 mutation analysis
- New contrast mechanism improves xenon MRI
- Leverage the huge potential that lies dormant in the vast amounts of lab data generated daily
- A prognostic Alzheimer’s disease blood test in the symptom-free stage
- Hard-magnetic coatings for high-precision microscopy