By acquiring EnvironeX Group Inc. in Canada and TestAmerica in the USA Eurofins expands its testing capabilities in the North American market. EnvironeX Group Inc. - bioanalytical testing in Canada Founded in 2005 by Marc Hamilton and supported by PCP since 2015, EnvironeX is a leading prov ... more
Eurofins acquires Food Analytica Group
Enters the Hungarian market for food and feed testing
Eurofins Scientific, the global leader in food testing services, announces the acquisition of Food Analytica, a leading group of food testing laboratories in Hungary.
As one of the most modern microbiology laboratories in Central and Eastern Europe, Food Analytica offers to more than 400 clients in Hungary and Romania a comprehensive suite of food testing services which comprises microbiology, food and feed chemistry, grain studies, molecular biology, and sensory analyses. Moreover, Food Analytica provides a broad scope of environmental testing services to a large variety of customers. Food Analytica employs 90 staff and operates 4 laboratories in South-Eastern Hungary.
The acquisition of Food Analytica will further enhance Eurofins’ geographical footprint in the food and feed testing market, and provides a platform with significant organic and inorganic growth potential.
Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins’ CEO: “We are pleased to welcome Food Analytica, a leading player in food testing in Hungary, to Eurofins’ family of businesses. This acquisition, together with the acquisition of ERICo in Slovenia in 2017, will provide Eurofins with a strong presence in both food and environment testing markets to the benefit of its customers in Central and Eastern Europe.”
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has successfully closed the acquisition of Laboratoire Dermscan SAS (“Dermscan”), a leading provider of Cosmetic & Personal Care Products Testing services in Europe. Dermscan was founded in 1990 in Lyon as a family-owned business. After nearly three dec ... more
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has signed an exclusive agreement to acquire PHAST Gesellschaft für Pharmazeutische Qualitätsstandards mbH (“PHAST”), one of Europe’s leading service providers in the field of pharmaceutical products quality. The transaction is expected to close in the ... more
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 4Merck acquires a French company
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 7Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 8Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10Biofilms - an invisible threat to food safety