Richard J. Tobin, currently Chief Financial Officer of SGS, has resigned his position in order to join CNH Global N.V. (Case New Holland) based in Chicago, IL, USA. The Board of Directors expresses its gratitude and recognition for his tenure, first as COO North America, then as Group CFO, ... more
SGS acquires the Intron Group, NL
SGS announced the acquisition of the Intron Group, Sittard, NL.
The group provides inspection, testing, certification, consulting as well as project management services to the building materials industry. In addition to its state of the art laboratory in Sittard, Intron has an office in Culemborg.
Founded in 1970 and privately owned, the group employs 121 staff and reported revenue in excess of Euro 13 million in 2009.
"SGS Industrial Services will benefit from the reputation, expertise and highly qualified staff built up over the years at Intron. It provides SGS with a solid footing in the building materials industry and will further strengthen our presence in the EU market", commented Chris Kirk, CEO of SGS.
- project management
SGS Minerals Services announced the opening of a new facility in Chennai, India to serve the growing needs of the mineral exploration industry. The Chennai geochemical laboratory is equipped with ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS for the analysis of major, minor and trace elements and a multi-pour fi ... more
SGS celebrated the opening of its new Sydney laboratory dedicated to environmental testing of air, water and soil. This state of the art facility in Australia is the latest addition to the SGS Environmental Services business international network of 30 environmental laboratories in Asia, No ... more
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 4Merck acquires a French company
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 7Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 8Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10Biofilms - an invisible threat to food safety
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- QIAGEN launches coronavirus test kit in Germany following derogation by BfArM
- QIAGEN dramatically ramping up global production capacity for RNA extraction kits for use in detection of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus
- Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire QIAGEN
- First view of hydrogen at the metal-to-metal hydride interface