Intertek has acquired American Analytical Chemistry Laboratories Corp (AACL), a testing, analytics and research company focusing on food, functional foods, nutritional supplements, cosmeceuticals and pharmaceuticals.Based in Champaign, Ill., AACL provides analytical testing and research ser ... more
Intertek Strengthens European Analytical Laboratory Capabilities in the UK
Intertek is strengthening its technical capabilities in the UK by merging two key facilities, creating a European Analytical Testing Centre of Excellence in Manchester.
The resources and expertise of Intertek’s North West Technology Centre (NWTC) at Bebington and the Analytical Sciences Group (ASG) laboratory in Manchester will combine to offer an extended range of analytical services, delivered by a professional team of experienced scientists from one centre at Intertek’s current location in Manchester.
The enhanced GLP/cGMP technical centre will support developers and manufacturers working in a range of scientific and industrial fields including the pharmaceutical, personal care product, medical device, specialty chemical and fine chemical sectors.
Phil Norman (VP Intertek Analytical Services) said, “This enhanced technical centre with its wide range of analytical technology and team of expert scientists better enables Intertek to provide high quality characterisation services not just in the UK but also worldwide. By housing our expertise under one roof, we continue to develop and expand the knowledge and advanced problem-solving skills that our people bring to our clients.”
A multi-disciplinary UK consortium of partners including Avecia, Intertek ASG, Lonza, Paraytec and the University of Bradford has recently been awarded research grants by the Technology Strategy Board and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. The part funded £1M+ project i ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- A new way of rapidly counting and identifying viruses
- Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences announce integration
- First images of cells exposed to COVID-19 vaccine reveal native-like Coronavirus spikes
- Simple, non-invasive skin swab samples are enough to quickly detect COVID-19
- Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time