Certified reference materials for the analysis of environmental,food,clinical and industrial samples
Certified reference materials (CRMs) provide confidence in the correctness of analytical results
The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) develops certified reference materials for clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine, analysis of environmental and food samples and industrial quality control. A broad range of materials, ranging from markers of Alzheimer’s disease in cerebrospinal fluid to polybrominated biphenyl ethers in fish and sediment, from pesticides in vegetables and grain to heavy metals in environmental samples or metals/alloys are available.
The CRMs represent routine samples as much as possible. The certificates specify traceability and uncertainties of the certified values and distinguish clearly between non-certified and certified values, as only the latter can be used for calibration and check of method trueness. A detailed certification report that describes material processing, homogeneity and stability assessment and the characterisation studies and value assignment is available for each CRM. All CRMs are produced in line with a quality system accredited to ISO 17034.
certified reference materials
An analysis carried out by JRC scientists shows that the uncertainty in measurement of power generation from a photovoltaic (PV) cell can be more than halved, thus bringing an economic benefit to both manufacturers and investors. With the annual world PV production exceeding 40 GW in 2014 a ... more
EuropaBio welcomes the report issued by the Joint Research Centre that reconfirms the results of a 2001 Commission study concluding that no demonstration of any health effect of GM food products has ever been reported and the use of more precise technology and the greater regulatory scrutin ... more
- 1From seaman to captain in HPLC and GC analytics – see how easy it is to master Empower
- 2Built for the Lab - Built for IT - Why compromise?
- 3Elemental Analyzer (CHNS/O) for every application
- 4Everything under Control - with This Intelligent Microwave Digestion System
- 5Specialists in the rental and leasing of scientific equipment for laboratories throughout Europe
- 6Certified reference materials
- 7Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 8New FTIR spectrophotometer with the best performance in its class
- 9Quality made easy: Analyze food and raw materials in just a few seconds
- 10Your Entire C/N/S/X Lab in One Device