Miltenyi Biotec has acquired Medic Tools AG from Zug, Switzerland. With this acquisition, Miltenyi Biotec strengthens the portfolio in the area of sample preparation. "The innovative and high-quality devices and techniques fit perfectly into the product range of instruments, reagents, and s ... more
Miltenyi Biotec acquires microscopy specialist
Miltenyi Biotec GmbH announced that it has acquired the high-end microscopy specialist LaVision BioTec GmbH.
Located in Bielefeld, Germany, LaVision BioTec is a leading global specialist for advanced light-sheet and multiphoton microscopy solutions for life science applications. Since its foundation in 2000, LaVision BioTec has developed innovative products that successfully address the high-end microscopy market for applications in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, and developmental biology. TriM Scope is the company’s modular multiphoton and confocal microscopy platform that combines single- and multi-beam operation and enables simultaneous real-time and deep in vivo imaging. With its UltraMicroscopes, LaVision BioTec launched the first commercial light-sheet microscopes, allowing imaging of large cleared tissue samples.
We are very happy to welcome our new colleagues from LaVision BioTec to our organization”, says Stefan Miltenyi, founder of Miltenyi Biotec. “By combining our expertise in cell analysis and innovative detection reagents with LaVision BioTec’s imaging know-how, we will develop pioneering analytical tools for biomedical research.”
“Our mission has always been to develop and market new technologies such as multiphoton-microscopy and light-sheet microscopy”, explains Dr. Heinrich Spiecker, Managing Director of LaVision BioTec. “By joining Miltenyi Biotec we have fused with a partner that will drive our business forward and increase the range of applications for our systems.”
LaVision BioTec will become part of the Miltenyi Biotec family, and will continue operating from their headquarters in Bielefeld. Miltenyi Biotec will market LaVision BioTec’s products.
- LaVision BioTec
- Miltenyi Biotec
- cell analysis
- light sheet microscopes
- confocal microscopy
Miltenyi Biotec GmbH announced its certification under the Agilent Technologies Certified Microarray Service Provider Program. Memorec Biotec, a subsidiary of Miltenyi Biotech focused on high-throughput gene expression profiling, has also become certified. The certification validates the c ... more
- 1A new, highly sensitive chemical sensor uses protein nanowires
- 2New COVID-19 test quickly and accurately detects viral RNA
- 3Diagnostic biosensor quickly detects SARS-CoV-2 from nasopharyngeal swabs
- 4Researcher Develops One Minute Coronavirus Test
- 5The Higgs boson and superconductivity
- 6A new biosensor for the COVID-19 virus
- 7How cells recognize uninvited guests
- 8A Glimpse into Real-Time Methanol Synthesis
- 9Single-cell RNA seq method developed to accurately quantify cell-specific drug effects in pancreatic islets
- 10Real-time observation of enzymatic processes on DNA
- Microbes on microscope eyepieces: could mean one in the eye for users!
- Gene editing: Taming CRISPR’s collateral damage
- Start-up Raises 16.3 million Euros to Prepare Market Launch of its SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Testing System
- Alexandra Knauer awarded as a female entrepreneur role model
- The Higgs boson and superconductivity