Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences have announced a full business integration. The integration will expand the existing analytical instrument and service relationship (Amplify Analytics) to include the Chemistry and Biology services of CLS. Both entities are operating businesses ... more
Malvern Instruments and PANalytical to merge
Spectris plc announces that effective 1 January 2017, Malvern Instruments and PANalytical will be merging their activities. Both Malvern and PANalytical are operating companies within the Materials Analysis segment of Spectris.
The companies are both world leading suppliers of analytical instrumentation, PANalytical for X-ray instrumentation and software for the purpose of materials analysis and Malvern Instruments for materials and biophysical characterisation technology. The combined entity is a strong player in the materials characterisation market and will be able to leverage the strengths of the individual companies in their end markets.
The merger is being undertaken as there are clear benefits through this more collaborative relationship, leveraging the very strong brands and highly-skilled employees of the two companies, in order to deliver a more complete range of products, solutions and services to a broader set of markets and customers. This aligns with the Spectris strategy of focusing on the supply of innovative customer solutions, involving the provision of services, software and related activities alongside the supply of equipment.
A new President of the merged operating company, Paolo Carmassi, has been appointed, effective immediately. Paolo brings with him a wealth of experience in global high-technology business management. He was, most recently, Operating Partner at CSTS Healthcare, Ltd., a privately held software business developing artificial intelligence solutions for personalised therapies in oncology. Previously, Paolo spent 23 years with Honeywell Corporation, most recently holding the position of President of the Aerospace business in EMEA.
Peter van Velzen, President of PANalytical, and Paul Walker, President of Malvern, will be retiring, as previously planned.
Eoghan O’Lionaird, Business Group Director responsible for the Materials Analysis segment, says: “This is an exciting time for Malvern and PANalytical. Joining the two companies will enable us to leverage new resources to further grow our service offering and add even more value to our clients and customers. This aligns closely with the Spectris strategy of a shift in emphasis towards the provision of complete solutions to our customers, allowing us to better deliver this to our Malvern and PANalytical customers.”
- Malvern Instruments
- material characterization
SOPAT GmbH announced a distribution agreement with Malvern Panalytical. Malvern Panalytical is now the exclusive distributor for a complete range of SOPAT photo-optical image analysis instrumentation and software in the United States of America. “We are thrilled to be working together with ... more
Waters Corporation announced that it entered into a co-marketing agreement with Malvern Panalytical to advance the analysis of polymers. By pairing the Waters ® ACQUITY ® Advanced Polymer Chromatography ® (APC ™ ) System with Malvern Panalytical’s OMNISEC ® REVEAL , R&D scientists can acces ... more
Spectris plc announces that it has acquired the business and assets of the Canadian company La Corporation Scientifique Claisse Inc. (‘Claisse’). Revenues for the year ending March 2014 were CAD 13 million. Claisse designs, manufactures and sells consumables and instruments used to prepare ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- QIAGEN expands Supervisory Board with appointment of a new member
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- QIAGEN launches coronavirus test kit in Germany following derogation by BfArM
- QIAGEN dramatically ramping up global production capacity for RNA extraction kits for use in detection of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus
- Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire QIAGEN