PerkinElmer, Inc. and Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC (IDS) announced that they have reached an agreement on the terms of a recommended all cash offer whereby PerkinElmer will acquire IDS for approximately $155 million (£110 Million). The transaction has a total enterprise value of ap ... more
PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
PerkinElmer announced that its board of directors has named Prahlad Singh president and chief operating officer, effective January 1, 2019. In his expanded position, Dr. Singh will have responsibility for both the Discovery and Analytical Solutions (DAS) and Diagnostics operating divisions of the Company. This change is being made to better facilitate synergies across the businesses to identify incremental growth opportunities, create operating efficiencies, and most importantly, accelerate the pace of innovation across the Company. Dr. Singh, along with the leaders of the Company’s corporate functions, will continue to report to Robert F. Friel, PerkinElmer’s chairman and chief executive officer.
“It is clear that technologies, applications, and customer needs are converging across DAS and Diagnostics as our customers’ businesses evolve and the lines between therapeutics, diagnostics, food, and digital health are intersecting,” said Friel. “The opportunities for DAS to become an enabler of the sciences of Diagnostics, and vice-versa, continue to grow. Prahlad’s track record of consistently driving strong results operationally, commercially and strategically makes him well qualified to take on this important role. I look forward to working with him as he helps both the Diagnostics and DAS businesses better innovate breakthrough solutions and exceptionally serve our customers, ultimately driving greater value across our markets.”
Dr. Singh joined PerkinElmer in 2014 as president of the Diagnostics business. He was elected an officer of PerkinElmer in 2016 and executive vice president in March 2018. Dr. Singh served as general manager of GE Healthcare’s Women’s Health Business, responsible for the mammography and bone densitometry businesses. Before that, Dr. Singh held senior executive level roles in strategy, business development and M&A at both GE and Philips Healthcare. From 1995 to 2007, he held leadership roles of increasing responsibility at DuPont Pharmaceuticals and subsequently Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Imaging which included managing the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions.
- personnel changes
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that the Company has completed its previously announced acquisition of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Oxford Immunotec). PerkinElmer originally announced its intent to acquire Oxford Immunotec on January 7, 2021. “Oxford Immunotec’s global role in fighting tubercul ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has provided Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the Company’s New Coronavirus RT-PCR test. Clinical laboratories certified under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) can immediately begin using this ... more
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 7Show me your brain scan and I'll tell you how old you really are
- 8Sensing pressure using paper
- 9The predictive power of blood: metabolomic profiling reveals risk of multiple diseases all at once
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- FRITSCH Change of Generations
- Achim von Leoprechting promoted to become CEO of Tecan after retirement of D ...
- PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
- Merck Announces Future Insight Prize for Groundbreaking Scientific Work
- New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Medit ...