PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that after a career of more than 20 years at the Company, including the last 12 years as chief executive officer, Robert F. Friel, has decided to retire as chairman and CEO and member of the board of directors as of the end of the Company’s fiscal year on Decembe ... more
PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
PerkinElmer announced that its board of directors has named Prahlad Singh president and chief operating officer, effective January 1, 2019. In his expanded position, Dr. Singh will have responsibility for both the Discovery and Analytical Solutions (DAS) and Diagnostics operating divisions of the Company. This change is being made to better facilitate synergies across the businesses to identify incremental growth opportunities, create operating efficiencies, and most importantly, accelerate the pace of innovation across the Company. Dr. Singh, along with the leaders of the Company’s corporate functions, will continue to report to Robert F. Friel, PerkinElmer’s chairman and chief executive officer.
“It is clear that technologies, applications, and customer needs are converging across DAS and Diagnostics as our customers’ businesses evolve and the lines between therapeutics, diagnostics, food, and digital health are intersecting,” said Friel. “The opportunities for DAS to become an enabler of the sciences of Diagnostics, and vice-versa, continue to grow. Prahlad’s track record of consistently driving strong results operationally, commercially and strategically makes him well qualified to take on this important role. I look forward to working with him as he helps both the Diagnostics and DAS businesses better innovate breakthrough solutions and exceptionally serve our customers, ultimately driving greater value across our markets.”
Dr. Singh joined PerkinElmer in 2014 as president of the Diagnostics business. He was elected an officer of PerkinElmer in 2016 and executive vice president in March 2018. Dr. Singh served as general manager of GE Healthcare’s Women’s Health Business, responsible for the mammography and bone densitometry businesses. Before that, Dr. Singh held senior executive level roles in strategy, business development and M&A at both GE and Philips Healthcare. From 1995 to 2007, he held leadership roles of increasing responsibility at DuPont Pharmaceuticals and subsequently Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Imaging which included managing the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions.
- personnel changes
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced the appointment of James M. Mock to senior vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), effective May 1, 2018. Andy Wilson, PerkinElmer’s current senior vice president and CFO, who previously announced his retirement from PerkinElmer, will remain with the Co ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquireEUROIMMUN Medical Laboratory Diagnostics AG. The agreement provides that PerkinElmer will acquire up to a 100% stake in EUROIMMUN. The total purchase price of the transaction based on all outstanding share ... more
Global regulatory requirements are expanding – and analytical lab requirements are too. That is why we deliver innovative technologies that enable safer food, quality products, and a clean environment. Our latest innovation? An exceptional solution for a wide range of applications; food saf ... more
- 1Mini-spectrometer: Smaller than a coin
- 2Sartorius signs agreement to acquire select Danaher Life Science platform businesses
- 3Obesity risk quantification: a jump towards the future through the lens of artificial intelligence applied to lipid science
- 4analytica 2020: The leading guide to the smart laboratory
- 5CRISPR-edited C. elegans identifies vulnerabilities in cancer
- 6Diagnostics for everyone
- 7QIAGEN announces CEO leadership transition
- 8Monitoring the corrosion of bioresorbable magnesium
- 9The recipe for making a fruit fly
- 10New method identifies aggressive breast cancer
- Achim von Leoprechting promoted to become CEO of Tecan after retirement of D ...
- PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
- Merck Announces Future Insight Prize for Groundbreaking Scientific Work
- New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Medit ...
- dynamicBIOSENSORS appoints Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
- Scientists design built-in controls for mini-chemical labs on a chip
- Better biosensor technology created for stem cells
- Scientists crack structure of a novel enzyme linked to cell growth and cancer
- Implantable cancer traps could provide earlier diagnosis
- Scientists work toward a rapid point-of-care diagnostic test for Lyme disease