PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has provided Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the Company’s New Coronavirus RT-PCR test. Clinical laboratories certified under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) can immediately begin using this ... more
PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
PerkinElmer announced that its board of directors has named Prahlad Singh president and chief operating officer, effective January 1, 2019. In his expanded position, Dr. Singh will have responsibility for both the Discovery and Analytical Solutions (DAS) and Diagnostics operating divisions of the Company. This change is being made to better facilitate synergies across the businesses to identify incremental growth opportunities, create operating efficiencies, and most importantly, accelerate the pace of innovation across the Company. Dr. Singh, along with the leaders of the Company’s corporate functions, will continue to report to Robert F. Friel, PerkinElmer’s chairman and chief executive officer.
“It is clear that technologies, applications, and customer needs are converging across DAS and Diagnostics as our customers’ businesses evolve and the lines between therapeutics, diagnostics, food, and digital health are intersecting,” said Friel. “The opportunities for DAS to become an enabler of the sciences of Diagnostics, and vice-versa, continue to grow. Prahlad’s track record of consistently driving strong results operationally, commercially and strategically makes him well qualified to take on this important role. I look forward to working with him as he helps both the Diagnostics and DAS businesses better innovate breakthrough solutions and exceptionally serve our customers, ultimately driving greater value across our markets.”
Dr. Singh joined PerkinElmer in 2014 as president of the Diagnostics business. He was elected an officer of PerkinElmer in 2016 and executive vice president in March 2018. Dr. Singh served as general manager of GE Healthcare’s Women’s Health Business, responsible for the mammography and bone densitometry businesses. Before that, Dr. Singh held senior executive level roles in strategy, business development and M&A at both GE and Philips Healthcare. From 1995 to 2007, he held leadership roles of increasing responsibility at DuPont Pharmaceuticals and subsequently Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Imaging which included managing the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions.
- personnel changes
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that after a career of more than 20 years at the Company, including the last 12 years as chief executive officer, Robert F. Friel, has decided to retire as chairman and CEO and member of the board of directors as of the end of the Company’s fiscal year on Decembe ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced the appointment of James M. Mock to senior vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), effective May 1, 2018. Andy Wilson, PerkinElmer’s current senior vice president and CFO, who previously announced his retirement from PerkinElmer, will remain with the Co ... more
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 4Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 7Merck acquires a French company
- 8Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10The genetic basis of bats’ superpowers revealed
- FRITSCH Change of Generations
- Achim von Leoprechting promoted to become CEO of Tecan after retirement of D ...
- PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
- Merck Announces Future Insight Prize for Groundbreaking Scientific Work
- New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Medit ...
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- How to map brain connections using DNA barcodes
- Listeria protein provides a CRISPR 'kill switch'
- Developing new techniques to improve atomic force microscopy