labfolder GmbH, a electronic laboratory notebook (ELN, Electronic Lab Notebook) provider, and cubuslab GmbH, a provider of a manufacturer-independent platform for the digital integration of laboratory instruments, today announced their merger. The joint company will operate under the name L ... more
Leverage the huge potential that lies dormant in the vast amounts of lab data generated daily
Laboratory SaaS provider Labforward closes Series-B
Labforward has closed a new financing round. The laboratory equipment manufacturers Tecan and 2mag as well as existing investor Peppermint Venture Partners are investing more than € 5 million in the laboratory software company with headquarters in Berlin.
Laboratories face the challenge of having to work with a multitude of complex software and hardware solutions, resulting in extensive data management effort, repetitive tasks, errors and data loss. Labforward intends to use the new capital to transform its software suite into a connectivity platform that provides reliability, security and structure on the one hand and flexibility, agility and freedom on the other. In addition to that, Labforward will expand internationally.
The growth plans build on a solid foundation, as Dr. Simon Bungers, co-founder and CEO of the company explains: "We’re already trusted by hundreds of laboratories worldwide and we have been profitable since 2019. We work together with renowned academic institutions such as the Max Planck Society, as well as with U.S. biotech companies such as Nkarta Therapeutics or international pharma giants such as Bayer. We have proven that our products solve key problems in the digitization challenges of the laboratory industry. The fact that we can help our customers leverage the huge potential that lies dormant in the vast amounts of lab data generated daily was another ingredient in the successful conclusion of the round".
“We truly believe that in addition to innovative instruments and consumables, the lab of the future will need open digital solutions with broad connectivity and integrability of multiple devices. This equity investment strengthens our relationship with Labforward, an innovation leader in smart lab software tools,” said Erik Norström, Executive Vice President and Head Corporate Development at Tecan.
In 2019, Labforward acquired and successfully integrated cubuslab GmbH from Karlsruhe, Germany. Since then, the combined team has grown to 35 employees. Labforward attributes its success in growing the company to its diversity and focus on international recruiting. Mario Russo, the US-born CTO, explains: "Our team is incredible. We represent 16 nationalities. The unique mix of backgrounds and perspectives enables us to more easily adapt to challenges while simultaneously maintaining our high standards of quality as we expand our platform."
Labforward expects to grow the team to 80 employees by the end of the year.
- Series B financing
- laboratory software
- 1analytica 2020 with very good results in the digital format
- 2Researchers find the favourite food of an enigmatic intestinal bacterium
- 3Spread of a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant across Europe in summer 2020
- 4How deadly parasites ‘glide’ into human cells
- 5analytica 2020: The world’s largest virtual trade fair for analysis, laboratory technology and biotechnology
- 6New cancer diagnostics: A glimpse into the tumor in 3D
- 7Midbrain organoids for automated chemical screening and disease research
- 8Artificial Intelligence has learned to estimate oil viscosity
- 9Nanopatterns of proteins detected by cryo-electron microscopy
- 10World record resolution in cryo-electron microscopy
- Leverage the huge potential that lies dormant in the vast amounts of lab dat ...
- Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- Deep learning for faster, more accurate and safer MRI analysis
- Novel label-free biosensor platform for innovate modern drug screening
- Strong profitable growth at Sartorius
- New and highly efficient method for SARS-CoV-2 mutation analysis
- New contrast mechanism improves xenon MRI
- Leverage the huge potential that lies dormant in the vast amounts of lab data generated daily
- A prognostic Alzheimer’s disease blood test in the symptom-free stage
- Hard-magnetic coatings for high-precision microscopy