President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Dr. Ludwin Monz, has announced to the Supervisory Board that he will not be accepting another term in office. The Supervisory Board notes his decision with regret. Dr. Monz and the Supervisory Board have agreed to end his term on 31 December 2021. ... more
BOSELLO now fully part of the ZEISS Group
BOSELLO HIGH TECHNOLOGY becomes Carl Zeiss X-ray Technologies Srl
ZEISS and BOSELLO HIGH TECHNOLOGY (BOSELLO) announce that the Italian supplier of solutions for industrial X-ray systems, is now fully part of the ZEISS Group and will operate under the name Carl Zeiss X-ray Technologies Srl.
In 2018, ZEISS acquired a majority stake in BOSELLO to strengthen its X-ray portfolio for customers with demand for 2D radioscopy as well as newly developed inline tomography solutions for the production environment. With BOSELLO's customer-specific solutions, ZEISS took a significant step towards its goal of becoming an integrated solution provider in non-destructive measurement and testing technology for industry and research. As planned, ZEISS has now acquired the remaining shares, making BOSELLO a full member of the ZEISS family of companies, which is also reflected in the new company name.
Dr. Jochen Peter, member of the ZEISS Group Management Board and Head of Industrial Quality Solutions explains: "When we acquired a majority shareholding in BOSELLO at the beginning of 2018, our aim was to be able to serve individual customer needs even more effectively by further developing and expanding the portfolio. We are pleased that with the acquisition of the remaining shares we can now complete this step and fully integrate our colleagues as part of the ZEISS family".
Managing Director Fabio Bosello adds: "As part of the ZEISS Group, we have completely new opportunities to further develop our systems. Together, we can now provide even more customers in research and development in new markets with X-ray solutions that exactly meet the requirements of their respective applications.
The existing BOSELLO product lines will remain, but will be adapted to the uniform ZEISS design in terms of appearance and operation, jointly developed further and equipped with new functions. For easier identification, they will continue to bear "BOSELLO" as part of the product name. Joint new developments such as the ZEISS VoluMax F1500 thunder will serve customer requirements that go beyond the current portfolio.
- X-ray systems
- nondestructive analysis
The ZEISS Group had a successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2020/21 (ended 31 March 2021). It saw its revenue rise by 6 percent (adjusted for currency fluctuations, by 9 percent) to 3.406 billion euros (previous year: 3.213 billion euros). Around 90% of this sum was generate ... more
ZEISS is expanding its imaging technology capabilities with 3D and big image data software by acquiring a majority stake in the imaging business of arivis. With this investment, ZEISS is further strengthening its software competencies and market position in 3D image visualization, image pro ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Eppendorf AG completes conversion to European public limited company
- Tailor-made X-rays for research and development
- KRÜSS moves forward in Spanish market by selling directly
- Laboratory specialist KNAUER receives "Grand Prize for Medium-Sized Businesses"
- Tecan successfully completes the acquisition of Paramit