The Tecan Group announced the retirement of Tecan CEO Dr David Martyr after 6 1/2 years at the helm of the company. The Board of Directors has appointed Dr Achim von Leoprechting, Head of Tecan's Partnering Business division, as the new Chief Executive Officer. He will assume the CEO role o ... more
Tecan successfully completes the acquisition of supplier of key parts
The Tecan Group announced that it has successfully completed the acquisition of a supplier of key parts. On March 22, 2019, Tecan announced the acquisition of a long-term supplier to vertically integrate the manufacturing of critical precision-machined parts. With two manufacturing sites, one in California, USA, and a second site in Vietnam, Tecan will be able to benefit from the long-term supply of high quality precision-machined parts and realize cost savings by internalizing their supply. Today, Tecan already is the largest customer of this supplier, making up for a significant share of revenues.
From June 1, 2019, the supplier will be included in the consolidated financial statements of the Tecan Group as a part of the Partnering Business segment.
The Tecan Group announced that Dr. Klaus Lun, Head of Corporate Development and a member of the Management Board of the Tecan Group since June 2013, has been appointed Head of the Life Sciences Business division. On December 14, 2016, Tecan announced that Dr. Stefan Traeger, Head of the Lif ... more
The Tecan Group announced the acquisition of US-based SPEware Corporation (SPEware) to further expand Tecan's dedicated solutions offering into a new market segment. SPEware is a leading provider for mass spectrometry sample preparation solutions, with a focus on the North American market. ... more
- 1Mini-spectrometer: Smaller than a coin
- 2Wood on our Skin
- 3How molecular footballs burst in an X-ray laser beam
- 4Bruker Announces Acquisition of Magnettech's EPR Business
- 5QIAGEN announces CEO leadership transition
- 6Inspired by nature: Scientists have developed a nanopore-microchip
- 7Eye scan makes diseases visible at an early stage
- 8New method for the measurement of nano-structured light fields
- 9Diagnostics for everyone
- 10ZEISS Opts for Continuity with New CEO