The Tecan Group announced the retirement of Tecan CEO Dr David Martyr after 6 1/2 years at the helm of the company. The Board of Directors has appointed Dr Achim von Leoprechting, Head of Tecan's Partnering Business division, as the new Chief Executive Officer. He will assume the CEO role o ... more
Tecan successfully completes the acquisition of supplier of key parts
The Tecan Group announced that it has successfully completed the acquisition of a supplier of key parts. On March 22, 2019, Tecan announced the acquisition of a long-term supplier to vertically integrate the manufacturing of critical precision-machined parts. With two manufacturing sites, one in California, USA, and a second site in Vietnam, Tecan will be able to benefit from the long-term supply of high quality precision-machined parts and realize cost savings by internalizing their supply. Today, Tecan already is the largest customer of this supplier, making up for a significant share of revenues.
From June 1, 2019, the supplier will be included in the consolidated financial statements of the Tecan Group as a part of the Partnering Business segment.
The Tecan Group announced that Dr. Klaus Lun, Head of Corporate Development and a member of the Management Board of the Tecan Group since June 2013, has been appointed Head of the Life Sciences Business division. On December 14, 2016, Tecan announced that Dr. Stefan Traeger, Head of the Lif ... more
The Tecan Group announced the acquisition of US-based SPEware Corporation (SPEware) to further expand Tecan's dedicated solutions offering into a new market segment. SPEware is a leading provider for mass spectrometry sample preparation solutions, with a focus on the North American market. ... more
- 1A new, highly sensitive chemical sensor uses protein nanowires
- 2Diagnostic biosensor quickly detects SARS-CoV-2 from nasopharyngeal swabs
- 3New COVID-19 test quickly and accurately detects viral RNA
- 4Researcher Develops One Minute Coronavirus Test
- 5How cells recognize uninvited guests
- 6Beta cells from stem cells: Potential for cell replacement therapy
- 7A new biosensor for the COVID-19 virus
- 8New Form of Microscopy Developed
- 9A Glimpse into Real-Time Methanol Synthesis
- 10The Higgs boson and superconductivity