Test formulations under original storage & usage temperatures, regardless of whether they are sold in cold, temperate or hot climates more
Unprecedented Resolution: New Single Particle Optical Counter for Nanoparticles and Microparticles
Particle size, size distribution and particle count
Particle size, size distribution and particle count are major characteristics in the field of particle technology. Contamination analysis and classification of nanomaterials according 2011/696/EU require precise data of the number based particle size distribution and particle concentration.
LUM GmbH introduces a new measuring instrument, developed by LUM GmbH and designed by the world-famous designer Luigi Colani. The LUMiSpoc is a highly advanced single particle scattered light photometer that measures particle size distribution and particle concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions with an unparalleled resolution and a dynamic range from below 100 nm to a few micrometers.
Powered by SPLS-Technology (Single Particle Light-Scattering) the LUMiSpoc records light scattered into different directions from individual nano- and micro particles passing a focused laser beam of non-spherical cross-section. Particle separation is achieved by hydrodynamic focusing of sample flow. Volume calibrated sample flow allows for accurate measurement of particle concentration.
The LUMiSpoc analyses multimodal and very broad dispersed real-world particles and determines smallest size differences down to the nanometer range.
- Nanoparticle design
- Number concentration determinations
- Number-based size distribution
- Classification of nanomaterials
- Agglomeration & flocculation kinetics
- Protein aggregation
- Coalescence/Ostwald ripening
- Coarse grain fractions
- Membrane testing/cut off
- Functionalized particles
- Reference particles
- CMP slurries
- Biological objects
- High precision characterisation of individual particles
- Nano particle concentration
- Large measurement range (sizing & counting from 50 nm to 8 µm)
- Multimodal & polydisperse size distributions with high resolution
- Sample amount as small as 250µl
- Easy to clean
single particle analysis
particle size distribution
particle size distribution measuring instruments
Adhesive and tensile strength of composite materials, multi-layer films and bonded parts are determined by the LUMiFrac without sample clamping more
The volume concentration can be calculated even for polydisperse samples without knowing the refractive index more
The new generation of the proven stability analyzer LUMiFuge® considerably simplifies quality control in industry by introducing the instability index in the SEPView® 6 software. The LUMiFuge, which uses the measuring principle of analytical centrifugation, is one of the standard devices fo ... more
The multi-wavelength LUMiSizer complements the near-infrared (NIR) LUMiSizer. An additional, blue light source enables particle characterization in the lower nanometer range. Shorter wavelengths increase the sensitivity for translucent & low-concentrated dispersions. The analytical photocen ... more
LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
The 8th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing is hosted by LUM GmbH in Berlin, Germany, from 29-30 January 2018. Here, during this now traditional interdisciplinary event, particle scientists meet product formulators; application engineers meet scholars from extre ... more
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 3Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Switch from Ergonomically Exhausting Manual Work to the Fully Automatic Processing of Your Tubes
- 7Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 8Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 9Fast GC! Super-charging GC´s World-wide!
- 10BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker