Adhesive and tensile strength of composite materials, multi-layer films and bonded parts are determined by the LUMiFrac without sample clamping more
Particle size, size distribution and particle count
Particle size, size distribution and particle count are major characteristics in the field of particle technology. Contamination analysis and classification of nanomaterials according 2011/696/EU require precise data of the number based particle size distribution and particle concentration.
LUM GmbH introduces a new measuring instrument, developed by LUM GmbH and designed by the world-famous designer Luigi Colani. The LUMiSpoc is a highly advanced single particle scattered light photometer that measures particle size distribution and particle concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions with an unparalleled resolution and a dynamic range from below 100 nm to a few micrometers.
Powered by SPLS-Technology (Single Particle Light-Scattering) the LUMiSpoc records light scattered into different directions from individual nano- and micro particles passing a focused laser beam of non-spherical cross-section. Particle separation is achieved by hydrodynamic focusing of sample flow. Volume calibrated sample flow allows for accurate measurement of particle concentration.
The LUMiSpoc analyses multimodal and very broad dispersed real-world particles and determines smallest size differences down to the nanometer range.
- Nanoparticle design
- Number concentration determinations
- Number-based size distribution
- Classification of nanomaterials
- Agglomeration & flocculation kinetics
- Protein aggregation
- Coalescence/Ostwald ripening
- Coarse grain fractions
- Membrane testing/cut off
- Functionalized particles
- Reference particles
- CMP slurries
- Biological objects
- High precision characterisation of individual particles
- Nano particle concentration
- Large measurement range (sizing & counting from 50 nm to 8 µm)
- Multimodal & polydisperse size distributions with high resolution
- Sample amount as small as 250µl
- Easy to clean
analytica 2020: Visit us from 31.03. - 03.04.2020 in Hall A1, Booth 226 > Exhibitor profile
single particle analysis
particle size distribution
particle size distribution measuring instruments
4 product properties are at once in less than 20 sec, without chemicals and without sample preparation more
The volume concentration can be calculated even for polydisperse samples without knowing the refractive index more
LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
The 8th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing is hosted by LUM GmbH in Berlin, Germany, from 29-30 January 2018. Here, during this now traditional interdisciplinary event, particle scientists meet product formulators; application engineers meet scholars from extre ... more
- 1SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 2Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 3Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 4Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 5ÄKTA go – FPLC made compact
- 6contrAA Series – Atomic Absorption. Redefined.
- 7Certified UV/Vis Reference Materials for Spectrophotometers
- 8Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology
- 9Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 10Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range