Warwick Analytical Service, the analytical division of Exeter Analytical (UK) Ltd., has announced that recent investment in automated titration equipment will enable them to enhance their highly accurate and precise determination of halogens (Cl, Br, I) and sulphur as an analytical service. ... more
Accurate elemental (CHN) analysis of perfluorinated compounds
Exeter Analytical has released a new application note that describes a reliable analytical method for accurately determining the percentage Carbon (C), Hydrogen (H) and Nitrogen (N) content of difficult to combust perfluorinated compounds.
Most compounds containing fluorine can be run successfully analysed for percentage CHN content on an elemental microanalysis system under standard operating conditions. The magnesium oxide in the combustion tube reagent packings absorbs fluorine as HF, and releases the hydrogen. However, perfluorinated samples, which are often difficult to combust, can give incorrect low carbon and high nitrogen data. For these highly fluorinated compounds, Exeter Analytical has developed a new method based upon their Model CE440 Elemental Analyser.
Application note TM217 describes the new high temperature method and demonstrates how theoretical values of zero percent nitrogen and 22.10% carbon on a sample of perfluoro-N-octanoic acid were obtained.
- magnesium oxides
Warwick Analytical Service has announced that it has recently achieved GMP accreditation for its range of analytical services. Asked about the new accreditation Paul Hemming - European Sales Manager commented ' A growing number of organisations, especially in highly regulated areas such as ... more
As a result of a strong growth in 2006, Exeter Analytical (UK) Ltd together with their sample analysis division, Warwick Analytical Service (WAS), have doubled the size of their modern offices / demonstration facility based in Warwick, UK. The new premises will house an enlarged CHN/O/S el ... more
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Pumping up the music of molecules
- 7Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 8Early Detection by Tango
- 9Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- 10How does your computer smell?