Analyze proteins and protein interactions with hitherto unseen performance
Life-science startup Actome announces release of first commercial products
Actome has released the first commercial products to the EU market based on the Protein Interaction Coupling (PICO) Technology. The PICO assay kits for measuring proteins and protein interactions are available through Actome's online webshop.
Actome GmbH is a life-science startup form Freiburg adapting digital PCR (dPCR) technology for the ultra-sensitive measurement of proteins and protein interactions. Our first products based on the Protein Interaction Coupling (PICO) Technology enable the use of the QIAcuity dPCR product line of QIAGEN for measuring proteins and protein interactions. The assay kits contain all necessary materials for labeling of antibodies with the unique PICO Labels and to prepare the assay for readout by dPCR. Registered customers can use the Actome’s AMULATOR software free of charge to analyze proteins and protein interactions with hitherto unseen performance.
The unique performance of Actome’s products is based on the patented PICO Technology that detects single protein molecules and protein interaction complexes by translating protein status into DNA-barcodes. Therefore, a pair of antibodies is used that are labeled by DNA barcodes. These barcodes are then detected by the dPCR method and decoded by the proprietary AMULATOR software developed by Actome. “Our PICO assay kits expand the capabilities of the QIAcuity digital PCR platform by QIAGEN from nucleic acids to proteins and protein interactions. Using our products, molecular biological researchers can use dPCR not only for detection of DNA and RNA, but also for proteins and protein interactions alike. In a super sensitive, cost efficient and convenient way.” says Peter Koltay, co-founder, CEO, and head of sales & marketing.
Proteins control and direct biological processes through their interactions by which they determine our health and wellbeing. Unlike DNA and RNA, proteins are not a blueprint or a template for a functional biomolecule, but they carry, encompass and execute biological function in living organisms. Tools to study the protein interactions enable the understanding of cellular processes and open up an enormous potential for research, diagnostics, and therapies. Tackling these challenges, Actome's innovative PICO Technology is a breakthrough that will revolutionize life science research and biomedicine.
- assay kits
- protein interactions
- protein analytics
- 1Miniaturized infrared detectors
- 2A new tool for estimating people’s total exposure to potentially harmful chemicals is developed by Mount Sinai researchers
- 3Can smartphones predict mortality risk?
- 4Fighting tumours with magnetic bacteria
- 5Elusive carbonic acid: it really exists!
- 6Advances in spectroscopy
- 7New collaboration between Shimadzu and the University Medical Center Göttingen
- 8New Molecular Microscopy Uncovers how Breast Cancer Spreads
- 9Imaging cells: New method enables clear, precise look inside
- 10Smarter sensor sniffs out target gases
- ZEISS microscope developers win the Deutscher Zukunftspreis 2022
- Automated measurement technique for microplastic detection in water
- Analyze proteins and protein interactions with hitherto unseen performance
- Technology transfer award for PCR rapid test device for infection diagnostics
- A free AI tool to quickly determine which protein labeling strategy works be ...