Sensirion moves into a new production building in Switzerland
Sensirion inaugurated its new production building in mid-July 2011. After eight months of construction, the newly purchased production plant in Stäfa, Switzerland, situated just a few hundred meters from the main building, was ready for occupancy. With the purchase and renovation of the building, the sensor manufacturer has developed additional space, which has be-come necessary as a result of the growth in recent years.
In the near future, the building will house the entire production of the high-tech company, while the development and sales departments will remain in the main building along with the administration. Highly au-tomated production lines have now been built over 10,000 m2 space on three floors. The core of the production plant consists of four clean-rooms for the manufacture of innovative sensor solutions for measur-ing moisture, temperature, gas and liquid flows as well as differential pressure. The largest ISO-6-certified clean-room offers 1,000m2 of space.
The new building will help Sensirion avoid capacity bottlenecks and shall ensure on-time and reliable delivery of millions of high-quality sensors worldwide. It also represents a long-term commitment to the current company location.
Sensirion's new production building is based on the latest building services technology. Enormous energy savings have been achieved with air conditioning provided by geothermal probes and heat pumps as well as an internal cooling system equipped for heat recovery. During the planning phase, great emphasis was also placed on issue of security. The new build-ing has automatic fire suppression systems, smoke extraction units and is divided into different autonomous fire compart-ments, which guarantee high operational safety and thereby also supply security.
- temperature sensors
- flow sensors
- differential pressu…
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Pumping up the music of molecules
- 7Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 8Early Detection by Tango
- 9Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- 10How does your computer smell?
- Eppendorf: climate-neutral by 2028
- Life Science Business of Merck Breaks Ground on Company’s First Lateral Flow ...
- WITec Begins Expansion of its Headquarters Facility
- QIAGEN dramatically ramping up global production capacity for RNA extraction ...
- Eppendorf significantly expands production site in Oldenburg