Clariant is officially opening its new EUR 100 million Clariant Innovation Center (CIC) in Frankfurt, Germany. The company’s new global hub for Research & Development (R&D) is based at the “Industriepark Höchst.” It will be the home of Clariant’s competence centers in chemical research and ... more
Clariant enhances capabilities at Clinton, Oklahoma
Inaugural event sees opening of state-of-the art laboratory to support customer growth
Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, will be hosting a Grand Opening Event for their new facilities based in Clinton, Oklahoma, today. The site, for which Clariant has made a significant investment, is a strategic location to support the growing oil and gas industry within the Mid-Continental (Mid-Con) region with a focus on the STACK and SCOOP.
The site includes a leading-edge laboratory with high-end analytical services directly in the midst of their customers’ operations, providing the data necessary to measure the effectiveness of a chemical management program. Proximity to customers means this strategic location will ensure fast turnaround times. The laboratory can also troubleshoot the various challenges that can arise with oil and gas production - specifically in the areas of problematic paraffin, challenging emulsions, and hydrogen sulfide. This unique level of local analytical expertise will deliver significant benefits to customers. Leveraging from Clariant‘s global innovation group, the regional technology team has introduced a proprietary, non-triazine scavenger with proven results in the region, that delivered notable reductions in customers’ operating expenses.
Technical expertise and know-how at the Clinton facility has been built from considerable involvement in tackling paraffin and emulsion challenges, which are characteristic to the region. In addition to the laboratory, the site houses a blending facility to enable security of supply, with the flexibility to produce fit-for-purpose products as required. By leveraging the depth and technical experience of the Clariant organization, and investing in local infrastructure, Clariant is able to offer a technically robust solution of a large organization with the agility and responsiveness usually only offered from smaller organizations. Clariant Oil Services also offers customers capillary support.
“Clariant is the fastest growing specialty oilfield chemicals supplier in North America, and the ability to be where our customers are is a clear differentiator,” said Pete Schoemann, Head of Oil Services North America. “By working collaboratively with our customers to improve their production efficiency and total cost of operations, we are committed to offering innovative products with proven performance and exceptional customer service.”
Clariant Oil Services offers multiple products that maintain asset integrity and flow assurance for oil production, heavy oil, Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR), pipeline maintenance and well stimulation for both conventional and nonconventional plays. Clariant also offers VERITRAX™, the first management system to intelligently digitize the end-to-end chemical management process.
In addition to the enhancement of facilities at Clinton, Clariant has also made significant investments at their location in Midland, Texas and expecting to be open in Q3 this year.
- specialty chemicals
- analytical services
- production plant expansions
- 1New NMR method enables monitoring of chemical reactions in metal containers
- 2Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 3analytica 2020: Great exhibitor resonance for the autumnal fair
- 4Merck acquires a French company
- 5Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- 6Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- 7Hurdle of microscopy overcome
- 8Microplastics transport metallic pollutants
- 9How smart, ultrathin nanosheets go fishing for proteins
- 10Biofilms - an invisible threat to food safety
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and QIAGEN N.V. Agree on Amended Terms to Acquisition Agreement
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- How to map brain connections using DNA barcodes
- Listeria protein provides a CRISPR 'kill switch'
- Developing new techniques to improve atomic force microscopy