Every year WITec, the Raman imaging company, recognizes three peer-reviewed publications that stand out in terms of originality and significance and feature data acquired with a WITec microscope. This year, scientists from universities and institutes in Bochum, Bayreuth and Minneapolis rece ... more
WITec Begins Expansion of its Headquarters Facility
Increased capacity required to meet growing demand for Raman imaging microscopes
WITec GmbH is expanding its headquarters building in Ulm. The new addition will offer more space for production and quality assurance, laboratories for development and customer demonstrations or sample measurements, larger conference rooms and greater logistical capability. When complete, the new addition will double the amount of space available at WITec’s core location.
“It was time to expand,” says Joachim Koenen, Co-founder and Managing Director of WITec. “We made advanced Raman imaging much more accessible by simplifying operation through our user-interface and extensive automation. The scientific community and marketplace have reacted very positively to these developments. As more researchers put our instruments in their labs, the word got out, and now we need the increased production capacity.”
WITec’s current headquarters was completed in 2009. Its design reflects the modularity and versatility of the scientific instruments produced within. An open and light-filled interior provides an environment for employees that is conducive to the exchange of ideas. Research and development, sales, applications, production, marketing, administration, technical service and logistics teams all work together hand-in-hand. This greatly contributes to WITec’s vaunted technological agility and preserves its innovative spirit.
As described by Olaf Hollricher, Co-founder and Managing Director of R&D at WITec, “Our headquarters was purpose-built to encourage cross-departmental interaction, from development through shipping, and it’s had a very positive effect on the dynamics and performance of our company. The new expansion will allow us to scale up while adhering to this concept.”
Construction of the new addition will continue through 2020 with an anticipated opening toward the end of 2021.
- Raman microscopes
From nearly 60 submissions for the 2017 WITec Paper Award, our jury selected the three best publications. They were written by scientists from Ireland, Portugal and Germany who used WITec correlative confocal Raman microscopes to study transition metal dichalcogenides, textile fibers and ce ... more
WITec GmbH has opened a new office in Beijing. The facility in the cultural, scientific and administrative capital of the fastest growing large economy in the world will enable WITec’s current market presence to be expanded while better serving its growing client base. The direct local repr ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Simple to use device rapidly detects infectious diseases
- Fundamental regulation mechanism of proteins discovered
- Eppendorf achieves record revenue and best result in the company’s history in 2020
- New dimension for efficient laboratory work
- Researchers investigate structural changes in snap-frozen proteins