Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announced its acquisition of Labcyte, a privately held, acoustic liquid handling company based in San Jose, California. Labcyte is best known for its Echo® acoustic droplet ejection technology, which uses sound waves to transfer tiny amounts of liquid with une ... more
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Acquires Microbioreactor Manufacturer m2p-labs
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences signed a definitive agreement to acquire m2p-labs, a privately held, microbioreactor manufacturer based in Baesweiler, Germany. m2p-labs is best known for its transformative BioLector plate-based microbioreactors, which support automated solutions for screening and bioprocess development.
“Innovation defines our future,” said Greg Milosevich, President, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences. “m2p-labs core product line complements our existing cell health, liquid handling and laboratory automation business. Our collective team has the opportunity to enhance time-saving solutions for cell line development and process development workflows.”
“m2p-labs and Beckman Coulter Life Sciences share a common vision of accelerating answers, enabling the faster discovery and development of life-changing advances in medicine,” said, Matthias Eggers, Managing Director, m2p-labs. “We are excited to join, and expand, a powerful team to provide invaluable resources to biologics customers around the world.”
m2p-labs was supported in several financings rounds by FIDURA Private Equity Funds and High-Tech Gründerfonds. “It was a privilege for us to work with management on growing m2p-labs to a leading microbioreactor vendor with global reach,” said Klaus Ragotzky, Managing Director and Chairman of the Advisory Board, FIDURA.
m2p-labs associates and products will transition into Beckman Coulter Life Sciences’ Biotechnology Business Unit. The company’s existing Baesweiler, Germany site will remain operational.
- Beckman Coulter
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announced that their Aquios CL flow cytometer has been accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) Prequalification of In Vitro Diagnostics Programme. It can now be used specifically for the immunologic assessment of patients having, or suspected of having, ... more
Beckman Coulter Genomic announces accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Furthering a long-standing commitment to delivering state-of-the-art sequencing services and high levels of customer satisfaction, the facility in Danvers completed a comprehensive on-site insp ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Artificial intelligence helps to find new natural substances
- Genomic tracking of the COVID-19 pandemic in England
- In neurodegenerative diseases, brain immune cells have a “ravenous appetite” for sugar
- Researchers Find Warning Signs for Dementia in the Blood
- Tailor-made X-rays for research and development