The Life Science business of Merck broke ground at its Sheboygan, Wisconsin site, for the company’s first lateral flow membrane production facility in the United States. Lateral flow membranes are a key component in rapid diagnostic test kits for a variety of applications, including Covid-1 ... more
Merck acquires a French company
Merck Advances Bioprocessing Capabilities with Raman Technology Sensor Acquisition
Merck enhanced its advanced bioprocess portfolio through the acquisition of RESOLUTION Spectra Systems, a Meylan, France-based leader in bioprocess analytical monitoring. The company offers Raman spectroscopy analysis through its GMP-ready instrumentation and software. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
“This acquisition supports our vision of delivering intensified, connected and continuous bioprocessing,” said Andrew Bulpin, head of Process Solutions, Life Science, at Merck. “Raman measurement technology, coupled with the software to analyze and manage the generated data, allows us to offer unique and integrated solutions to help our customers optimize their bioprocesses.”
Christophe Bonneville, co-founder of RESOLUTION Spectra Systems, added, “This acquisition validates our common strategy to support Process Analytical Technology implementation as a key element of biopharmaceutical industry digitalization.”
The acquisition of RESOLUTION Spectra Systems enhances Merck’s ability to provide advanced process analytical technologies across its bioprocess portfolio, another critical step toward enabling the biomanufacturing facility of the future.
Merck announced a collaboration with Mammoth Biosciences Inc., of South San Francisco, California, USA, for the development, scale-up and commercial production of Mammoth’s CRISPR-based SARS CoV-2 diagnostic test. Mammoth’s high-throughput systems will be compatible with both nasal swab and ... more
Merck presented Professor David Alsteens (33), Catholic University of Louvain (UCLovain), Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium with the 2019 Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award for Analytical Science. The award ceremony took place during the analytical conference Euroanalysis at Istanbul University in Turkey ... more
LANEXO™ System - innovative reagent and chemical tracking system specially designed to work more effectively and safely in analytical and research laboratories more
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Diagnosing cancer in minutes
- 4Holes in T cells
- 5A mobile breakthrough for water environment monitoring
- 6Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 7Sartorius with clear double-digit growth in fiscal 2022
- 8Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 9How old is your brain, really?
- 10The architecture of shattered genomes
- Coronavirus: identification of new proteins that regulate infection
- A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- A "nano-robot" built entirely from DNA to explore cell processes
- Hepatitis: 3D structure determination of the ‘gateway’ to the liver
- Ants can “sniff out” cancer!