Merck announced a collaboration with Mammoth Biosciences Inc., of South San Francisco, California, USA, for the development, scale-up and commercial production of Mammoth’s CRISPR-based SARS CoV-2 diagnostic test. Mammoth’s high-throughput systems will be compatible with both nasal swab and ... more
Merck acquires a French company
Merck Advances Bioprocessing Capabilities with Raman Technology Sensor Acquisition
Merck enhanced its advanced bioprocess portfolio through the acquisition of RESOLUTION Spectra Systems, a Meylan, France-based leader in bioprocess analytical monitoring. The company offers Raman spectroscopy analysis through its GMP-ready instrumentation and software. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
“This acquisition supports our vision of delivering intensified, connected and continuous bioprocessing,” said Andrew Bulpin, head of Process Solutions, Life Science, at Merck. “Raman measurement technology, coupled with the software to analyze and manage the generated data, allows us to offer unique and integrated solutions to help our customers optimize their bioprocesses.”
Christophe Bonneville, co-founder of RESOLUTION Spectra Systems, added, “This acquisition validates our common strategy to support Process Analytical Technology implementation as a key element of biopharmaceutical industry digitalization.”
The acquisition of RESOLUTION Spectra Systems enhances Merck’s ability to provide advanced process analytical technologies across its bioprocess portfolio, another critical step toward enabling the biomanufacturing facility of the future.
Merck presented Professor David Alsteens (33), Catholic University of Louvain (UCLovain), Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium with the 2019 Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award for Analytical Science. The award ceremony took place during the analytical conference Euroanalysis at Istanbul University in Turkey ... more
Merck has acquired BSSN Software, a Darmstadt, Germany-based laboratory informatics company that makes data more readily accessible for ease of integration, collaboration, analysis and long-term archiving. Financial details were not disclosed. “BSSN Software and the capabilities that it bri ... more
- 1analytica 2020 with very good results in the digital format
- 2Researchers find the favourite food of an enigmatic intestinal bacterium
- 3Spread of a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant across Europe in summer 2020
- 4How deadly parasites ‘glide’ into human cells
- 5analytica 2020: The world’s largest virtual trade fair for analysis, laboratory technology and biotechnology
- 6New cancer diagnostics: A glimpse into the tumor in 3D
- 7Midbrain organoids for automated chemical screening and disease research
- 8Artificial Intelligence has learned to estimate oil viscosity
- 9Nanopatterns of proteins detected by cryo-electron microscopy
- 10World record resolution in cryo-electron microscopy
- analytica China 2020 concludes successfully
- Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Acquires Microbioreactor Manufacturer m2p-labs
- analytica 2020 with very good results in the digital format
- analytica Vietnam 2021 postponed from April to October
- analytica 2020: The world’s largest virtual trade fair for analysis, laborat ...