Test formulations under original storage & usage temperatures, regardless of whether they are sold in cold, temperate or hot climates more
Real-Time Characterization of Particles and Dispersions in Micro and Nano Range in Colani Design
Particle Size Distribution, Density, Magnetophoretic Velocity, Hansen Parameters, Real-Time Stability
The new multi-wavelength LUMiReader®PSA, developed by LUM GmbH and ergonomically designed by Luigi Colani, determines diverse properties of particles, emulsions and suspension in the micro and nanoscope in real time.
- Particle size distribution weighted by volume and number based on ISO 13317
- Volume-based particle size distribution in emulsions and suspensions without knowledge of refractive indices and without assumption of spherical and homogeneous particle shapes
- Separation velocity distribution (sedimentation and creaming)
- Determination of the hydrodynamic particle density based on ISO 18747-1
- Magnetophoretic velocity
- Hansen Dispersibility (Solubility) parameters
- Direct separation stability in real time in original concentration from seconds to days
- Patented physically accelerated separation at gravity by inclination (Boycott effect) with sample specific benefit - in original concentration up to 10 times faster
- Long-term measurements to detect directly particle size changes (flocculation, coalescence, Ostwald ripening) in real time
- Determination of extinction ratio at 2 wavelengths to detect particle size changes prior to phase separation
- Cloud Point Determination
- Monitoring of aggregation and crystallization
- Standard Test Method for Measuring n-Heptane Induced Phase Separation of Asphaltene from Heavy Fuel Oils as Separability Number by an Optical Device - ASTM D7827 - 12
The device operates in the range from 4 to 80 C with a temperature stability of +/- 0.2K for the entire measuring cell. Temperature ramps are possible options. The LUMiReader PSA uses the patented STEP technology® (Space and Time resolved measurement of Extinction Profiles) in combination with multi-wavelength detection and measures at intervals from <1 s up to 25 min. By combining measurements, extremely fast-separating samples and long-term stable samples can be characterized directly - either continuously or serially.
LUMiReader PSA is the first particle and dispersion measuring device from LUM which is delivered with the new SEPView® 7 software. It realizes new requirements of Industry 4.0 and, moreover, it is watertight for the future. These requirements include server-based measurements and secure network operation of multiple devices. Of course, measurements with a direct PC connection are still possible.
The new LUMiReader PSA is one instrument to comprehensively understand complex industrial and natural products in a simple way. Links to applications can be found on the LUM website in the publication area.
analytica ( Hall A1, Booth 421)
particle size distribution
particle density determination
droplet size distribution
The volume concentration can be calculated even for polydisperse samples without knowing the refractive index more
Particle size distribution and concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions; from below 100 nm to a few micrometers. more
The new generation of the proven stability analyzer LUMiFuge® considerably simplifies quality control in industry by introducing the instability index in the SEPView® 6 software. The LUMiFuge, which uses the measuring principle of analytical centrifugation, is one of the standard devices fo ... more
The multi-wavelength LUMiSizer complements the near-infrared (NIR) LUMiSizer. An additional, blue light source enables particle characterization in the lower nanometer range. Shorter wavelengths increase the sensitivity for translucent & low-concentrated dispersions. The analytical photocen ... more
In October 2021, LUM GmbH started a strategic partnership with the French company VIALAB SARL in order to be able to offer French customers greater expertise in solving their questions in the field of bitumen, petroleum and related emulsions. Under the patronage of LUM France, VIALAB SARL w ... more
LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
- 1From seaman to captain in HPLC and GC analytics – see how easy it is to master Empower
- 2Built for the Lab - Built for IT - Why compromise?
- 3Elemental Analyzer (CHNS/O) for every application
- 42-Way and 3-Way Miniature Solenoid Valves
- 5Everything under Control - with This Intelligent Microwave Digestion System
- 6Certified reference materials
- 7Specialists in the rental and leasing of scientific equipment for laboratories throughout Europe
- 8The smart LIMS - User-friendly software solution for optimizing your laboratory processes
- 9Solid-liquid extraction in less than 2 hours
- 10AOAC-Certified Highly Sensitive Gluten ELISA Test Kit