The analytical instruments made by L.U.M. GmbH apply the STEP-Technology for fast stability analysis of high concentrated emulsions and suspensions and for comprehensive particle characterization more
Real-Time Characterization of Particles and Dispersions in Micro and Nano Range in Colani Design
Particle Size Distribution, Density, Magnetophoretic Velocity, Hansen Parameters, Real-Time Stability
The new multi-wavelength LUMiReader®PSA, developed by LUM GmbH and ergonomically designed by Luigi Colani, determines diverse properties of particles, emulsions and suspension in the micro and nanoscope in real time.
- Particle size distribution weighted by volume and number based on ISO 13317
- Volume-based particle size distribution in emulsions and suspensions without knowledge of refractive indices and without assumption of spherical and homogeneous particle shapes
- Separation velocity distribution (sedimentation and creaming)
- Determination of the hydrodynamic particle density based on ISO 18747-1
- Magnetophoretic velocity
- Hansen Dispersibility (Solubility) parameters
- Direct separation stability in real time in original concentration from seconds to days
- Patented physically accelerated separation at gravity by inclination (Boycott effect) with sample specific benefit - in original concentration up to 10 times faster
- Long-term measurements to detect directly particle size changes (flocculation, coalescence, Ostwald ripening) in real time
- Determination of extinction ratio at 2 wavelengths to detect particle size changes prior to phase separation
- Cloud Point Determination
- Monitoring of aggregation and crystallization
- Standard Test Method for Measuring n-Heptane Induced Phase Separation of Asphaltene from Heavy Fuel Oils as Separability Number by an Optical Device - ASTM D7827 - 12
The device operates in the range from 4 to 80 C with a temperature stability of +/- 0.2K for the entire measuring cell. Temperature ramps are possible options. The LUMiReader PSA uses the patented STEP technology® (Space and Time resolved measurement of Extinction Profiles) in combination with multi-wavelength detection and measures at intervals from <1 s up to 25 min. By combining measurements, extremely fast-separating samples and long-term stable samples can be characterized directly - either continuously or serially.
LUMiReader PSA is the first particle and dispersion measuring device from LUM which is delivered with the new SEPView® 7 software. It realizes new requirements of Industry 4.0 and, moreover, it is watertight for the future. These requirements include server-based measurements and secure network operation of multiple devices. Of course, measurements with a direct PC connection are still possible.
The new LUMiReader PSA is one instrument to comprehensively understand complex industrial and natural products in a simple way. Links to applications can be found on the LUM website in the publication area.
particle size distribution
particle density determination
droplet size distribution
Test formulations under original storage & usage temperatures, regardless of whether they are sold in cold, temperate or hot climates more
The new generation of the proven stability analyzer LUMiFuge® considerably simplifies quality control in industry by introducing the instability index in the SEPView® 6 software. The LUMiFuge, which uses the measuring principle of analytical centrifugation, is one of the standard devices fo ... more
LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
The 8th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing is hosted by LUM GmbH in Berlin, Germany, from 29-30 January 2018. Here, during this now traditional interdisciplinary event, particle scientists meet product formulators; application engineers meet scholars from extre ... more
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 3Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 4Universal GC Detector: Detection down to Low ppb
- 5All-Rounder for Solid/Liquid Extraction
- 6SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 7Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 8Switch from Ergonomically Exhausting Manual Work to the Fully Automatic Processing of Your Tubes
- 9Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology
- 10Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification