The volume concentration can be calculated even for polydisperse samples without knowing the refractive index more
Real-Time Characterization of Particles and Dispersions in Micro and Nano Range in Colani Design
Particle Size Distribution, Density, Magnetophoretic Velocity, Hansen Parameters, Real-Time Stability
Multi-wavelength Separation Analyser LUMiReader PSA
Multi-wavelength Separation Analyser LUMiReader PSA
LUMiReader PSA with thermostat
Volume weighted particle size distribution
SEPView 7 & LUMiReader PSA
The new multi-wavelength LUMiReader®PSA, developed by LUM GmbH and ergonomically designed by Luigi Colani, determines diverse properties of particles, emulsions and suspension in the micro and nanoscope in real time.
- Particle size distribution weighted by volume and number based on ISO 13317
- Volume-based particle size distribution in emulsions and suspensions without knowledge of refractive indices and without assumption of spherical and homogeneous particle shapes
- Separation velocity distribution (sedimentation and creaming)
- Determination of the hydrodynamic particle density based on ISO 18747-1
- Magnetophoretic velocity
- Hansen Dispersibility (Solubility) parameters
- Direct separation stability in real time in original concentration from seconds to days
- Patented physically accelerated separation at gravity by inclination (Boycott effect) with sample specific benefit - in original concentration up to 10 times faster
- Long-term measurements to detect directly particle size changes (flocculation, coalescence, Ostwald ripening) in real time
- Determination of extinction ratio at 2 wavelengths to detect particle size changes prior to phase separation
- Cloud Point Determination
- Monitoring of aggregation and crystallization
- Standard Test Method for Measuring n-Heptane Induced Phase Separation of Asphaltene from Heavy Fuel Oils as Separability Number by an Optical Device - ASTM D7827 - 12
The device operates in the range from 4 to 80 C with a temperature stability of +/- 0.2K for the entire measuring cell. Temperature ramps are possible options. The LUMiReader PSA uses the patented STEP technology® (Space and Time resolved measurement of Extinction Profiles) in combination with multi-wavelength detection and measures at intervals from <1 s up to 25 min. By combining measurements, extremely fast-separating samples and long-term stable samples can be characterized directly - either continuously or serially.
LUMiReader PSA is the first particle and dispersion measuring device from LUM which is delivered with the new SEPView® 7 software. It realizes new requirements of Industry 4.0 and, moreover, it is watertight for the future. These requirements include server-based measurements and secure network operation of multiple devices. Of course, measurements with a direct PC connection are still possible.
The new LUMiReader PSA is one instrument to comprehensively understand complex industrial and natural products in a simple way. Links to applications can be found on the LUM website in the publication area.
If you have any questions or need a quote request information now!
- particle size distribution
- particle analyzers
- separation analysers
- dispersion analysers
- droplet size distribution
- magnetophoretic velocity
- particle density determination
- Hansen parameter
Particle size distribution and concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions; from below 100 nm to a few micrometers. more
The analytical instruments made by L.U.M. GmbH apply the STEP-Technology for fast stability analysis of high concentrated emulsions and suspensions and for comprehensive particle characterization more
LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
The 8th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing is hosted by LUM GmbH in Berlin, Germany, from 29-30 January 2018. Here, during this now traditional interdisciplinary event, particle scientists meet product formulators; application engineers meet scholars from extre ... more
- 1Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 2Be a Pioneer – the Freedom to Explore Ion Chromatography
- 3Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 4Certified UV/Vis Reference Materials for Spectrophotometers
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Mini-Spectrometers - From the smallest component to the dedicated measurement system
- 7BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker
- 8Safe Use of Hydrogen as Carrier Gas for GC
- 9All-Rounder for Solid/Liquid Extraction
- 10Customised Microwave Systems for Sample Preparation