LGC has announced the acquisition of Rapid Genomics, a provider of mid- to high-density Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) kits and services for genotyping in the agrigenomics market. Rapid Genomics is a leading company in genotyping applications via Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). Its Flex ... more
LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe
LGC has acquired the Institut für Blutgruppenforschung (IBF), which is based in Cologne. The Institut für Blutgruppenforschung provides DNA services in paternity testing and forensic genetics in Germany. This acquisition is part of LGC's strategy to expand its DNA analysis services into mainland Europe. The Institut für Blutgruppenforschung has a clinic with sampling facilities in Düsseldorf and it is assessing options to expand into other areas of Germany.
- paternity testing
LGC announced the launch of its new LGC Genomics division. Since LGC acquired Berlin-based AGOWA GmbH in 2005, genomics has seen successful growth as part of LGC’s Life & Food Sciences Division. Through AGOWA genomics, LGC has provided an array of flexible nucleic acid sample extraction ser ... more
LGC has announced its migration of the Mikromol brand, most notably the range of pharmaceutical impurity reference standards, to its own brand at the 2005 Eastern Analytical Symposium (EAS), Somerset, New Jersey, USA, 14-17 November. The pharmaceutical industry is required to control impur ... more
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Holes in T cells
- 4A mobile breakthrough for water environment monitoring
- 5Diagnosing cancer in minutes
- 6Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 7Sartorius with clear double-digit growth in fiscal 2022
- 8Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 9How old is your brain, really?
- 10The architecture of shattered genomes