Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“YI Scientific”). YI Scientific is a distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributo ... more
Agilent Technologies to present novel methods for sensing nanoscale binding events with atomic force microscope
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Dr. W. Travis Johnson, Life Sciences Applications manager, will present a paper on innovative techniques for using scanning probe microscopes (SPMs) and atomic force microscopes (AFMs) in the study of biological phenomena. Johnson will discuss TREC - Topography and RECognition - a powerful, SPM/AFM imaging mode that combines molecular-scale imaging with the sensitivity of a piconewton-scale single molecule biosensor.
The study of nanoscale binding events offers scientists the ability to look at primary events in a variety of biological phenomena, from DNA replication and RNA transcription to immune response, tissue growth, cellular differentiation, and the action of drugs, hormones and toxic substances. TREC combines simultaneous, real-time detection of molecular recognition events and single-molecule sensitivity with the imaging capability of the AFM. Commercially available, Agilent's PicoTREC is a tool for the life sciences, biophysics, materials and polymer sciences, nanotechnology, and any field where it is useful to study molecular interactions in real time. It can be used to image and map binding sites, study biological processes, and probe nanometer-scale areas on a variety of surfaces.
"The ability to view and understand events as they occur at the molecular level will increase our understanding of how systems work and lead to new discoveries in many fields, including life sciences, material sciences and nanotechnology," said Bob Burns, vice president of the Nanotechnology Measurements Division at Agilent. "New developments in these fields are dependent to a large extent on an improved understanding of how discrete molecular structures interact in molecular binding events. With PicoTREC, we can already anticipate advances in pharmacology, polymers and other materials sciences, as well as immunology and bio-compatibility."
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd. YI Scientific is a leading distributor of analytical and scientific instruments in South Korea and a long-time distributor of Agilent instr ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced that it has completed the acquisition of Lasergen, Inc. (Lasergen), an emerging biotechnology company focused on research and development of innovative technologies for DNA sequencing. In March 2016 Agilent made an initial investment in the Houston, Texas ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Cancer screening from home?
- Predicting the probability of death
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- DZNE’s First Spin-off “Neuron–D” Uses Innovative Technology for Drug Testing
- Corona Genome Sequencing: Start-up "nanozoo" Launches Portal for Free Data A ...