A catalyst that reduces the emission of a nitrogen-containing greenhouse gas by more than 90%, a sensor system that continuously measures the temperature of liquid steel and consequently contributes significantly to improving quality, and a solder paste that makes it possible for electronic ... more
Heraeus Noblelight Acquires Specialty Light Sources Company in the UK
Heraeus Noblelight GmbH has taken over, through its UK subsidiary Heraeus Noblelight Ltd., Cambridge the company Cathodeon Ltd., which is also based in Cambridge. Through this acquisition, Heraeus Noblelight makes a point of strengthening its division "Lamps for Optics and Analytics", and at the same time complements the technologies of its UK subsidiary Heraeus Noblelight Ltd.
Cathodeon Ltd. manufactures specialty light sources for UV spectroscopy, HPLC (high pressure liquid chromatography), atom absorption spectroscopy and other analytical measuring methods. It has a global sales network.
Today, the different analytical measuring processes that are based on the absorption of light in liquids and gases are part of the standard equipment of laboratories in chemistry, pharmaceutics, medicine and environmental analytics. The high precision and resolution of the measuring processes require the highest technical standard as well as extreme reliability and quality of the specialty light sources in the ultraviolet, visible and infrared spectrum. Heraeus Noblelight continues to expand its major position in this market through the purchase.
"With this acquisition, we are able to significantly broaden our offering in the area of analytical measurement processes," said Rainer Küchler, Managing Director of Heraeus Noblelight GmbH. "Hollow cathode lamps and glass lamps complement our own quartz lamp technology in an ideal way. On top of that, we can realize significant technological synergies in the planned close cooperation with our subsidiary Heraeus Noblelight Ltd., which specializes in laser lamps".
Heraeus Noblelight GmbH, with its headquarters in Hanau and with subsidiaries in the U.S.A., the UK and China, is one of the technology and market leaders in the production of specialty light sources. In 2002, Heraeus Noblelight had annual revenues of 64 million EUR and employed 519 people worldwide. The company develops, manufactures and markets infrared and ultraviolet emitters for applications in research, technology, production, analytical laboratories, medicine and environmental protection.
Chemistry Lab Technician (m/f/d) AMT Location Hanau Permanent Full Time The following challenges await you: In your role, you will be responsible for the synthesis of homogeneous and heterogeneous precious metal-based antimicrobial agents. You will characterize noble metal-based ... more
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 7Show me your brain scan and I'll tell you how old you really are
- 8Sensing pressure using paper
- 9The predictive power of blood: metabolomic profiling reveals risk of multiple diseases all at once
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy