The ZEISS Group had a successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2020/21 (ended 31 March 2021). It saw its revenue rise by 6 percent (adjusted for currency fluctuations, by 9 percent) to 3.406 billion euros (previous year: 3.213 billion euros). Around 90% of this sum was generate ... more
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocular lens
The patent protects a special aphakic intraocular lens (IOL), with which light can be focused on three focal points (near, intermediate and distance vision). The patented trifocal lens reduces the impact of pupil shrinkage and lens eccentricity.
VSY Biotechnology BV and its exclusive supplier Fritz Ruck Ophthalmologische Systeme GmbH were convicted by the court to recall all their trifocal lenses on the market and destroy all such lenses in their possession.
Intraocular lenses are used primarily to treat cataracts. In recent years, the development of innovative new lenses has considerably enhanced treatment options. Trifocal intraocular lenses such as the ZEISS AT LISA® tri and the AT LISA® tri toric enable patients to see well at all distances – often without them needing eyeglasses.
- Carl Zeiss
- patent infringement…
- patent infringement
ZEISS and BOSELLO HIGH TECHNOLOGY (BOSELLO) announce that the Italian supplier of solutions for industrial X-ray systems, is now fully part of the ZEISS Group and will operate under the name Carl Zeiss X-ray Technologies Srl. In 2018, ZEISS acquired a majority stake in BOSELLO to strengthen ... more
ZEISS is expanding its imaging technology capabilities with 3D and big image data software by acquiring a majority stake in the imaging business of arivis. With this investment, ZEISS is further strengthening its software competencies and market position in 3D image visualization, image pro ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules