The ZEISS Group ended fiscal year 2020/21 (end of reporting period: 30 September 2021) on an excellent note: its revenue rose by 20% to 7.529 billion euros (previous year: 6.297 billion euros). Over 90% of this sum was generated in markets outside Germany. Earnings before interest and tax ( ... more
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocular lens
The patent protects a special aphakic intraocular lens (IOL), with which light can be focused on three focal points (near, intermediate and distance vision). The patented trifocal lens reduces the impact of pupil shrinkage and lens eccentricity.
VSY Biotechnology BV and its exclusive supplier Fritz Ruck Ophthalmologische Systeme GmbH were convicted by the court to recall all their trifocal lenses on the market and destroy all such lenses in their possession.
Intraocular lenses are used primarily to treat cataracts. In recent years, the development of innovative new lenses has considerably enhanced treatment options. Trifocal intraocular lenses such as the ZEISS AT LISA® tri and the AT LISA® tri toric enable patients to see well at all distances – often without them needing eyeglasses.
- Carl Zeiss
- patent infringement…
- patent infringement
President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Dr. Ludwin Monz, has announced to the Supervisory Board that he will not be accepting another term in office. The Supervisory Board notes his decision with regret. Dr. Monz and the Supervisory Board have agreed to end his term on 31 December 2021. ... more
The ZEISS Group had a successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2020/21 (ended 31 March 2021). It saw its revenue rise by 6 percent (adjusted for currency fluctuations, by 9 percent) to 3.406 billion euros (previous year: 3.213 billion euros). Around 90% of this sum was generate ... more
- 1COVID-19 : Measuring viral RNA to predict which patients will die
- 2Why are neuron axons long and spindly?
- 3Rapid PCR tests at the touch of a button
- 4Mini-laboratory delivers results in about 40 minutes at the point of care
- 5Binary mesocrystals from the nanobuilding kit
- 6SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 7Blood biomarker identified that predicts type 2 diabetes many years before diagnosis
- 8Method to reveal undesired biological effects of chemicals
- 9Wastewater provides new insight into Covid-19 dynamics
- 10Pioneering new technique to barcode cells