The positive trend continues at the ZEISS Group, which had a positive end to the first six months of fiscal year 2021/22 (ended 31 March 2022) that was significantly higher than the very good result seen in the previous year: revenue increased by 20% to 4.1 billion euros (prior year: 3.4 bi ... more
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocular lens
The patent protects a special aphakic intraocular lens (IOL), with which light can be focused on three focal points (near, intermediate and distance vision). The patented trifocal lens reduces the impact of pupil shrinkage and lens eccentricity.
VSY Biotechnology BV and its exclusive supplier Fritz Ruck Ophthalmologische Systeme GmbH were convicted by the court to recall all their trifocal lenses on the market and destroy all such lenses in their possession.
Intraocular lenses are used primarily to treat cataracts. In recent years, the development of innovative new lenses has considerably enhanced treatment options. Trifocal intraocular lenses such as the ZEISS AT LISA® tri and the AT LISA® tri toric enable patients to see well at all distances – often without them needing eyeglasses.
- Carl Zeiss
- patent infringement…
- patent infringement
The ZEISS Group ended fiscal year 2020/21 (end of reporting period: 30 September 2021) on an excellent note: its revenue rose by 20% to 7.529 billion euros (previous year: 6.297 billion euros). Over 90% of this sum was generated in markets outside Germany. Earnings before interest and tax ( ... more
President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Dr. Ludwin Monz, has announced to the Supervisory Board that he will not be accepting another term in office. The Supervisory Board notes his decision with regret. Dr. Monz and the Supervisory Board have agreed to end his term on 31 December 2021. ... more
Complete workflows from Image to data ✓ AI supported workflows ✓ Most advanced visualization and analysis solutions ✓ more
- 1Alzheimer's early detection up to 17 years in advance
- 2‘Smart necklace’ biosensor may track health status through sweat
- 3New test may predict COVID-19 immunity
- 4Smoke Detector “Sniffs out” Causes of Fire
- 5First electric nanomotor made from DNA material
- 6Attosecond measurement on electrons in water clusters
- 7New FRITSCH Technology Centre Particle Sizing
- 8Deep Learning despite sparse data
- 9Unchartered territory in the human genome
- 10Pimp my Spec: Upgrade for Magnetic Resonance Methods with a 1,000-fold Amplifier