QIAGEN announced that it has obtained derogation in Germany by the Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte (BfArM) for its newly developed QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panel test to be sold as an in vitro diagnostic (“IVD”) for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. At the same time, ... more
QIAGEN partners with sequencing provider
QIAGEN N.V. announced that it has expanded its relationship with BG to provide QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant Analysis™ in integrated bioinformatics for all customers of BGI’s sequencing services.
Under the reseller agreement, BGI customers will receive sequencing data generated from their samples through Ingenuity Variant Analysis‘ secure, cloud-based environment and gain access to its leading comprehensive gene variant data and genomic interpretation applications
“We are very pleased to expand QIAGEN’s relationship with BGI, the global leader in sequencing services. Integrating Ingenuity Variant Analysis into BGI’s highly reliable sequencing services will enable clients to accelerate workflows. They’ll be able to transform large quantities of genomic data into valuable molecular insights for research or clinical applications,” said Laura Furmanski, Head of QIAGEN’s Bioinformatics Business Area. “Bioinformatics solutions from QIAGEN are growing rapidly as scientists and healthcare professionals increasingly use genomic information to guide research and provide precise diagnosis for medical decision-making. We are committed to working with leading organizations such as BGI to make these improvements in life possible.”
- sequencing services
QIAGEN announced plans to dramatically ramp up global production capacity of RNA extraction kits that are used as part of workflows around the world to detect nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. QIAGEN has historically allocated global production capaci ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and QIAGEN N.V. announced that their boards of directors, as well as the managing board of QIAGEN N.V., have unanimously approved Thermo Fisher’s proposal to acquire QIAGEN for €39 per share in cash. The offer price represents a premium of approximately 23% to ... more
An international research team, led by Institute of Oceanology of Chinese Academy of Sciences and BGI, has completed the sequencing, assembly and analysis of Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas) genome — the first mollusk genome to be sequenced — that will help to fill a void in our understan ... more
The South China Center for Innovative Pharmaceuticals, Sun Yat-Sen University, and BGI, the world's largest genomic organization, announced that they were among the research organizations from China, US and UK comprising an international research group that completed the genome sequence and ... more
Exonhit and BGI announced the successful completion of a project dedicated to expanding Exonhit’s Genome-Wide SpliceArrayTM to an additional strategic preclinical animal model species.To answer the need for a comprehensive understanding of gene deregulation and the expanding interest in dev ... more
- 1Virtual screening for active substances against the coronavirus
- 2analytica 2020 is postponed
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire QIAGEN
- 4Smartphone lab finds coronavirus in saliva
- 5The digital laboratory live and tangible
- 6Roche’s cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test to detect novel coronavirus receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization
- 7analytica 2020: Bioanalysis for personalized medicine
- 8Abbott Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization and Launches Test to Detect Novel Coronavirus
- 9New membrane separates small organic molecules
- 10FDA Provides Emergency Use Authorization to PerkinElmer for COVID-19 Testing
- Merck and Rigaku Form Partnership to Develop Novel Molecular Structure Analy ...
- DKSH and Bruker AXS strengthen partnership in China
- Are Drones Coming to Life Science Labs?
- Andrew Alliance and Sartorius collaborate to provide software-connected pipettes
- SOPAT GmbH and Malvern Panalytical announce a distribution agreement for US ...