Spectris plc announces that effective 1 January 2017, Malvern Instruments and PANalytical will be merging their activities. Both Malvern and PANalytical are operating companies within the Materials Analysis segment of Spectris. The companies are both world leading suppliers of analytical in ... more
Malvern’s Mastersizer 3000 wins Powtech Innovation Award
Just a month after its launch, the Mastersizer 3000 laser diffraction particle size analyzer from Malvern Instruments is enjoying yet another moment in the spotlight, as one of the winners at the Powtech Innovation Awards presented on 11 October 2011 at a ceremony in Nürnberg, Germany.
The awards, which are given at each Powtech/Technopharm by the technical journals PROCESS, PharmaTEC and Schüttgut, are open to all exhibitors and encourage a strong field of entrants.
Paul Kippax, Malvern’s Product Group Manager, who set the requirements for the system and worked along side the Mastersizer 3000 development team in delivering it, was there to collect the Mastersizer 3000’s award together with Mark Wingfield, General Manager for Malvern Instruments GmbH.
“I am delighted for Malvern that our new system has been successful in winning this Innovation Award and I was extremely honoured to receive it on behalf of the entire Mastersizer 3000 team,” said Paul Kippax. “We believe that the Mastersizer 3000 really does make for smarter particle sizing and to have public recognition of the innovation involved is especially pleasing.”
Malvern pioneered and first commercialized the technique of laser diffraction particle size analysis more than 30 years ago. Launched on 14 September 2011, the Mastersizer 3000 is the new generation system that raises particle sizing to a smarter level, delivering unique performance and productivity advantages within a highly practical instrument design. It enables anyone, from novice to particle sizing expert, to make good measurements and get exactly the data they need quickly and easily.
Malvern announced PENSABIO Biotechnology as a new partner acting as an Exclusive Representative in Brazil to product lines MicroCal, NanoSight, Archimedes, Zetasizer Helix and Viscosizer TD. Therefore, from 2016, the Pensabio now assumes the sale process (Pre and Post), Services, Technical ... more
A collaboration between Malvern Instruments and Bio-Radhas delivered new analytical tools for the rapid identification of unknown particles. New software to support Malvern’s Morphologi G3-ID, which analyzes particle size, shape and chemical composition, enables the direct comparison of mea ... more
- M&A in chemicals and life sciences slowed down by global lockdowns
- SOPAT GmbH and Malvern Panalytical announce a distribution agreement for US ...
- Clariant enhances capabilities at Clinton, Oklahoma
- Eurofins acquires German pharma quality service company
- DKSH and Bruker AXS sign distribution agreement for Asia Pacific
- Formation of quadruple helix DNA tracked in live human cells for the first time
- Pretty as a peacock: The gemstone for the next generation of smart sensors
- Print your own laboratory-grade microscope for US$18
- Mologic awarded c.£1 million by UK government to develop rapid diagnostic test for COVID-19
- 'Tickling' an atom to investigate the behavior of materials