PerkinElmer, Inc. and Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC (IDS) announced that they have reached an agreement on the terms of a recommended all cash offer whereby PerkinElmer will acquire IDS for approximately $155 million (£110 Million). The transaction has a total enterprise value of ap ... more
PerkinElmer Completes Acquisition of Oxford Immunotec
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that the Company has completed its previously announced acquisition of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Oxford Immunotec). PerkinElmer originally announced its intent to acquire Oxford Immunotec on January 7, 2021.
“Oxford Immunotec’s global role in fighting tuberculosis, particularly its trademark product, the T-SPOT®.TB test, and the operations it has built are remarkable,” said Prahlad Singh, PerkinElmer president and chief executive officer. “We recognize the distinct clinical and logistical advantages of the test and see a great opportunity to leverage our automation capabilities and commercial channel access to bring tuberculosis testing to more customers around the world.”
Headquartered in Abingdon, UK, Oxford Immunotec is recognized as a global leader of proprietary test kits for latent tuberculosis. Its Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) offering identifies individuals who are infected with tuberculosis. Oxford Immunotec had approximately 275 global employees as of September 30, 2020 and reported total revenue from continuing operations of $73.74 million and $39.2 million as of the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019 and the nine months ended September 30, 2020, respectively.
- Oxford Immunotec
- test kits
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has provided Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the Company’s New Coronavirus RT-PCR test. Clinical laboratories certified under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) can immediately begin using this ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced that after a career of more than 20 years at the Company, including the last 12 years as chief executive officer, Robert F. Friel, has decided to retire as chairman and CEO and member of the board of directors as of the end of the Company’s fiscal year on Decembe ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Artificial intelligence, hardware innovations boost confocal microscope’s performance
- New microscopy method offers 3D tracking of 100 single molecules at once
- Waters and Sartorius collaborate
- 3D imaging study reveals how atoms are packed in amorphous materials
- Surface chemistry reveals corrosive secrets