In the study "Leading Employers Germany 2019", the Berlin-based manufacturer of high-tech laboratory measuring instruments KNAUER was ranked as one of the best employers for the second time. This makes KNAUER one of the companies with the best ratings in an independent meta-study conducted ... more
Alexandra Knauer awarded as a female entrepreneur role model
Alexandra Knauer, managing director and owner of the Berlin-based laboratory instrumentation manufacturer KNAUER, has been recognized by the jury of the "Frauen unternehmen" initiative ("Women Entrepreneuring") to be a role model female entrepreneur. Ms. Knauer received a certificate signed by the German Federal Minister of Economics and Energy Peter Altmaier.
The initiative "Frauen unternehmen" was launched in 2014 by the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi) to encourage more women to take the step into self-employment.
Women at the top of companies are still in the minority today. On average, only about one in three companies in Germany is headed by a woman – in technology-related sectors, the number is even lower.
From the point of view of the initiative "Frauen unternehmen", women lack visible role models above all. It is therefore just as important not to perceive women in a leadership role as an exception and to get to know them personally as it is to pass on experience and reduce concerns.
Alexandra Knauer is now one of around 200 experienced female entrepreneurs nationwide who volunteer for the initiative to report on their working life, their motivation and the challenges of running a company. This takes place within the framework of events or visits, which are preferably but not exclusively aimed at young women in the training phase.
The Berlin entrepreneur, who took over the KNAUER company from her parents 20 years ago, has led it very successfully over the years, so that the company has grown to almost double its size in a market dominated by large international competitors.
"I am very pleased to have been chosen by the jury. I will now also gladly share my experiences at the "Frauen unternehmen" events and hope that the Corona crisis will not limit us in this for much longer. I can also imagine digital formats, with which we as a company also have good experiences," says the newly appointed role model female entrepreneur.
Alexandra Knauer has been committed for many years to the promotion of women in typical male professions, in leadership roles and as entrepreneurs, for example in the district entrepreneurial network "Connecting Women" in Berlin. She also regularly organizes the annual "Girls' Day" in her company, which she sees as an opportunity to give young girls an early insight into her technology company, where many women also work.
KNAUER Wissenschaftliche Geräte GmbH, a family-owned company, has been developing high-tech measuring instruments for research and science for almost 58 years. With the systems for chromatography, or more precisely liquid chromatography (HPLC), food or environmental samples can be examined for ingredients and impurities, but samples of drugs or vaccines as well. The devices are also used in SARS-CoV-2 research.
Alexandra Knauer attaches great importance to corporate responsibility, not only towards the employees but also towards the environment and society. The subject of "Corporate Social Responsibility" has therefore been a practical part of her company's work for many years.
The company was successful already the fourth time at the „Top 100“ innovation awards. The award was handed over by popular science journalist and TV presenter Ranga Yogeshwar. For more than 20 years, the "Top 100" award stands for innovation, curiosity and team spirit. On June 27th, the mo ... more
Germany's most innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) possess outstanding inventive capabilities, use exemplary innovation processes and are highly adept at translating ideas into market success. Ranga Yogeshwar will present these companies with the prestigious Top 100 award i ... more
KNAUER’s modular AZURA FPLC systems are ideal for purifying large biomolecules such as proteins, nucleotides and peptides more
Purification at elevated temperatures ✓ Automated fractionation ✓ Ternary gradient HPLC system more
With its flexible AZURA FPLC (fast protein liquid chromatography) systems, KNAUER offers complete solutions for the purification of large biomolecules such as proteins, nucleotides and peptides. From size exclusion chromatography (SEC) to affinity chromatography (AC), ion exchange chromatog ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- LabVantage Solutions Names Digital Transformation Veteran Mikael Hagstroem a ...
- QIAGEN expands Supervisory Board with appointment of a new member
- Waters Corporation Names Udit Batra President and Chief Executive Officer
- Alexandra Knauer awarded as a female entrepreneur role model
- FRITSCH Change of Generations
- Simple to use device rapidly detects infectious diseases
- Fundamental regulation mechanism of proteins discovered
- Eppendorf achieves record revenue and best result in the company’s history in 2020
- New dimension for efficient laboratory work
- Researchers investigate structural changes in snap-frozen proteins